ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ill health pay off.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Ill health pay off.

Post by catch22 »

So that's nearly me. And my journey through royal mail. Sexual discrimination. Bullying. Being made to bully. Broken structures. Broken deliveries. Broken staff no plan to fix them. No plan to support managers. And when the managers complain get rid of them too.
In all my life I have never known a business to be so self destructive. To fail to accept the problems and fix them but rather entertain the idea of constantly fire fighting.
And for all of you if I can offer any advice... do not waste your energy attempting to do more for this drocinic business.
Cut off. Take your breaks. Walk around don't run. Take the keys out. Do your job at your your pace. There is nothing anyone can do to you.
If you do it wrong to begin with you've ultimately shot yourself in the head.


How much lump sum redundancy does 8 years get you?

Genuinely good luck to you all... x
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Ill health pay off.

Post by 97gaz »

Have you been accepted for IHR?
mightyowler
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 73
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 19:16
Gender: Male

Ill health pay off.

Post by mightyowler »

Wait a minute! Our union reps said ihr wasn’t being offered to anyone?

Or are we being fed more, bs?
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

Ill health pay off.

Post by buntin »

think but not 100 per cent certain its 46 weeks pay .
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Ill health pay off.

Post by hothothot »

34 weeks + pilon
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Ill health pay off.

Post by catch22 »

Suppose ihr depends on how much of a problem you could potentially cause for them.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Ill health pay off.

Post by wacko74 »

Yes it's a thoroughly s**t company to work for and I don't disagree with any of the observations you've made about RM... but I'm not sure how working for a s**t company qualifies you for IHR, if that was the case there would be tens of thousands of us lining up to take it.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Ill health pay off.

Post by hothothot »

Oh assist have to recommend it , then it goes through HR. You just can't apply for ihr. The clue is in the name ill health retirement.
Java joe
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 08:02
Gender: Female

Ill health pay off.

Post by Java joe »

wacko74 wrote:Yes it's a thoroughly s**t company to work for and I don't disagree with any of the observations you've made about RM... but I'm not sure how working for a s**t company qualifies you for IHR, if that was the case there would be tens of thousands of us lining up to take it.
I don’t understand people moaning about the job and thrm doing nothing about it. Last time I checked, we weren’t chained up and forced into work. I’d suggest you look elsewhere; I did and there is plenty of work out there. Open your eyes and your mind to new employers
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Ill health pay off.

Post by k979aaa »

Java joe wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Yes it's a thoroughly s**t company to work for and I don't disagree with any of the observations you've made about RM... but I'm not sure how working for a s**t company qualifies you for IHR, if that was the case there would be tens of thousands of us lining up to take it.
I don’t understand people moaning about the job and thrm doing nothing about it. Last time I checked, we weren’t chained up and forced into work. I’d suggest you look elsewhere; I did and there is plenty of work out there. Open your eyes and your mind to new employers
How long have you done ? the OP is someone who speaks from experience and not a blinked management attitude which is why we are in depute with the log heads in the company care to join them?