ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Blue432
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2018, 19:55
Gender: Male

Annual leave

Post by Blue432 »

Hi, I’m P/T on a 25 hr p/w contract (not on Wallington weeks), if I book a week’s annual leave, how many days do I actually book off? Thanks
sledge4882
Posts: 24
Joined: 03 Feb 2011, 16:16
Gender: Male

Annual leave

Post by sledge4882 »

Blue432 wrote:Hi, I’m P/T on a 25 hr p/w contract (not on Wallington weeks), if I book a week’s annual leave, how many days do I actually book off? Thanks
Book 5 days as you have a day off already in the week

If you work 6 days and get a week off every 6 weeks - book 6 days
Blue432
Posts: 19
Joined: 02 Oct 2018, 19:55
Gender: Male

Annual leave

Post by Blue432 »

Thanks for that. Checking my leave sheet, 6 days p/w have been used up, not 5. Do you reckon I can claim these back?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Annual leave

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Leave is done in hours now, even leave cards are done in hours
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Annual leave

Post by 97gaz »

Does your leave sheet show your leave in days or hours? The old MPP leave sheet showed it in days and some offices are still using it despite being told not to. When entering a weeks leave I think it automatically shows it as six days as it doesn't know when your day off is. It will still only use up one weeks contract hours though.

The new leave sheets printed through PSP will display the hours used each day. Everyones weekly hours should have been put into a schedule so the system knows when your day off is. So even if you select a whole weeks holiday when entering it it will only show five days and your scheduled day off.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Annual leave

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I wonder if PSP has been updated to take the change of the early May Bank Holiday into account, which for this year has been moved to the Friday (anniversary of VE Day)