The amount of times on my duty I've seen a number of courier drivers just leaving the slip sticking out the letterbox or jam it in the doorframe. Mainly DPD are the culprits of doing this. I find it particularly annoying when you have to push the mail through the letterbox while there is a docket left sticking half out of it as I feel like I don't know whether to push it through with the mail I've got or take it out of the letterbox push the mail through then put the slip back how it kinda was. I know Hermes and Amazon got the docket lefts too but they normally post it through the mailbox.
Does anybody else have any issues or any petty gripes with these?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Other Courier's Docket Left's
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Other Courier's Docket Left's
Certainly do, see the previous thread:
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=93471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=93471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Other Courier's Docket Left's
Haha yes know where you're coming from, don't mind so much the others equivalent of a p739, to me it's the leaflet delivery people who leave them hanging out only just held in by the letterbox that annoy me, I usually just open the letterbox as normal and let their leaflets fall on the floor but the worry is that at the same time I'm stuffing my d2ds through so there's a chance folk will think it's me that's chucking crap all over their doorsteps.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Other Courier's Docket Left's
I push all the leaflets through the door even if they were left hanging, I don`t like to make a mess on the street and I can always blame the leaflets people and say the domino one wasn`t mine 
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Other Courier's Docket Left's
don't do their job for them, leave it hanging out.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Other Courier's Docket Left's
Two lads where posting an Indian take-a-way menu & just tucking it in the letterbox meaning I had to remove the menu every time I posted mail to stop it dropping on the floor, so while on the walk I phoned the take-a-way up & told the gaffa I was PC such & such & asked him if he had lads posting menus in my area, it was his Sons, I told him these menus where not being posted proper & where all over the street & there was a fine for dropping litter on the street, problem soon sorted. 
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Other Courier's Docket Left's
That`s taking too much time and I don`t have 2 hands to hold their leaflets, push mine with the other hand then hang theirs back, easier if I just push my letters/leaflets along with theirs and I don`t litter the street this way.miles_peters wrote:don't do their job for them, leave it hanging out.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Other Courier's Docket Left's
lazy leaflet posters will love youJanet Brum wrote:That`s taking too much time and I don`t have 2 hands to hold their leaflets, push mine with the other hand then hang theirs back, easier if I just push my letters/leaflets along with theirs and I don`t litter the street this way.miles_peters wrote:don't do their job for them, leave it hanging out.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Other Courier's Docket Left's
I just push the mail through if they go through with it then it goes through. If not I just leave it
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Other Courier's Docket Left's
I lift the letterbox flap, if it falls, so be it, if it stays and gets pushed through with my mail , then so be it
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Other Courier's Docket Left's
Impersonating a Police Officer is a criminal offence. . . and punishable by a hefty fine or up to six months in prison. I would not recommend this approach ! Best just to go about your business and deliver the mail. If the leaflets or dockets drop to the floor... then so be it ?twoloops wrote:Two lads where posting an Indian take-a-way menu & just tucking it in the letterbox meaning I had to remove the menu every time I posted mail to stop it dropping on the floor, so while on the walk I phoned the take-a-way up & told the gaffa I was PC such & such & asked him if he had lads posting menus in my area, it was his Sons, I told him these menus where not being posted proper & where all over the street & there was a fine for dropping litter on the street, problem soon sorted.