ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Parcels up by 18%
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Parcels up by 18%
I think people left it later this year than the previous few years when ordering stuff
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Parcels up by 18%
In my office it looked like both parcels and Christmas cards were fewer than last year ! Please quote your source Rommagic?Rommagic wrote:This Christmas.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Parcels up by 18%
I got the impression that the amount of Xmas cards posted was down this year both from what I emptied from the postboxes and the amount of cards we were delivering seemed less. I didn't see a postbox filled to the top this year but usually have at least once in previous years.
I would agree there seemed to be a lot more parcels & an awful lot more small packets this year than last. I was delivering somewhat in the dark for numerous days this year during the Xmas pressure period which hasn't occurred in previous years. I wasn't hanging around or talking to many customers either so I think this must mean parcels were up and probably by more of an increase than between 2017 & 2018.
I think people generally do leave buying at least some stuff and posting cards til the last few days before Xmas. I try not to do that but have done so in the past as I am not really a fan of Christmas. It could be to with the companies/retailers/couriers not being able to cope with the increased amount of business as well though.
I would agree there seemed to be a lot more parcels & an awful lot more small packets this year than last. I was delivering somewhat in the dark for numerous days this year during the Xmas pressure period which hasn't occurred in previous years. I wasn't hanging around or talking to many customers either so I think this must mean parcels were up and probably by more of an increase than between 2017 & 2018.
I think people generally do leave buying at least some stuff and posting cards til the last few days before Xmas. I try not to do that but have done so in the past as I am not really a fan of Christmas. It could be to with the companies/retailers/couriers not being able to cope with the increased amount of business as well though.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Parcels up by 18%
Pitney Bowes in their annual report state that globally parcel traffic will double in the next 6 years to 200 billion from 83 billion now. On average uk market has been growing at 12% per year. In our office the increase in parcel traffic started early nov and is still coming in thickly now.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Parcels up by 18%
Parcels and packets that need a knock are undoubtedly still on the climb, but management don't seem to think it will impact on our work, ever. Dinosaurs.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Parcels up by 18%
Where do you work, I wanna transfer!Decky Boy wrote:In my office it looked like both parcels and Christmas cards were fewer than last year ! Please quote your source Rommagic?Rommagic wrote:This Christmas.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1532
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Parcels up by 18%
General election.Rommagic wrote:Why they left it later?.