ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cant drive
-
exaandt
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58
Cant drive
Hello through illness I am not allowed to drive for royal mail.
I have been doing the same very rural delivery for about 20 years
I have been doing town deliveries as cant drive and have noticed how easy they are so now thinking I have been a bit silly staying with the same rural delivery for so long.
I wont be able to drive for royal mail for a while so thinking of giving my duty up so someone else can have it .
Any thoughts welcome
I have been doing the same very rural delivery for about 20 years
I have been doing town deliveries as cant drive and have noticed how easy they are so now thinking I have been a bit silly staying with the same rural delivery for so long.
I wont be able to drive for royal mail for a while so thinking of giving my duty up so someone else can have it .
Any thoughts welcome
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
All depends really. More walking on a town duty(most). How long do you have left before retirement? What changes are coming next year and will this involve a re-sign? What if they want to increase delivery span? If I had the option to keep it, then I would, because then you have the option to go back don't you?
-
exaandt
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58
Cant drive
On my rural delivery it's a 5 hour 45 delivery span according to royal mail takes me closer to 6 hours
On all the town walks I've done royal mail say its 5 hours even at Christmas I did them in under 4 hours and I've done them properly with z trolley etc maybe I'm better walking than driving
Also none of walks I've done are being timed on pda as no post boxes on them
On all the town walks I've done royal mail say its 5 hours even at Christmas I did them in under 4 hours and I've done them properly with z trolley etc maybe I'm better walking than driving
Also none of walks I've done are being timed on pda as no post boxes on them
-
exaandt
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58
Cant drive
Not sure re retirement really upto me I enjoy the job so not really crossed my mind
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
Oh they are being 'timed'. Every walk up and down the country. Outdoor Actuals start as soon as you leave the office, to when you come back. I don't know what you think Post Boxes have to do with it. Even if you were to scan nothing, your PDA is in constant communication, just like a smartphone.
Yes, rurals are longer, but if I was nearing retirement I would probably jump at one due to having to walk less and being a bit easier physically. Horses for courses really.
Yes, rurals are longer, but if I was nearing retirement I would probably jump at one due to having to walk less and being a bit easier physically. Horses for courses really.
-
exaandt
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58
Cant drive
Thanks again for reply all the town walks I've done have a pda and delivery code but I'm told to put ten noughts in scan box because I'm not the walk owner and am also told that this means the pda can be seen but not timed as I'm on light duties
I'm not sure how much of that i believe but if i can do these town deliveries in under the stated times look out the walk owners
Thanks for advise
I'm not sure how much of that i believe but if i can do these town deliveries in under the stated times look out the walk owners
Thanks for advise
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
Exactly! Why have they told you this? So you'll run round thinking you're not being watched. Then they'll say to another person covering it, "Well we've got this guy on light duties who can get round in such and such a time..."exaandt wrote:Thanks again for reply all the town walks I've done have a pda and delivery code but I'm told to put ten noughts in scan box because I'm not the walk owner and am also told that this means the pda can be seen but not timed as I'm on light duties
I'm not sure how much of that i believe but if i can do these town deliveries in under the stated times look out the walk owners
Thanks for advise
EVERYONE IS BEING WATCHED. Big brother's already here. And not just our own. Look up Royal Mail on Youtube and check out some of the CCTV stuff that the public are posting about us. Data: PDA actuals, CCTV can/will be used against you, so do the job right...right?
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
Managed all the walks at Christmas in under 4 hours?
Did you offload all your packets or something?
So after Christmas the walks would take what.....3 hours or so?
Did you offload all your packets or something?
So after Christmas the walks would take what.....3 hours or so?
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
And with a Z Trolley, too. Impressive.smartecosse wrote:Managed all the walks at Christmas in under 4 hours?
Did you offload all your packets or something?
So after Christmas the walks would take what.....3 hours or so?
Still, most of the posties, including myself, also managed to get our walks done in less than four hours in the days leading up to Christmas. The amount of mail has been exponentially decreasing over the years.
And besides, we all want to get done as quick as possible at this time of year, for the night is dark and full of terrors.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
Conversely, we've been threatened with conduct if we put in ten zeros instead of scanning the route header (even if the walk has no collection points).exaandt wrote:Thanks again for reply all the town walks I've done have a pda and delivery code but I'm told to put ten noughts in scan box because I'm not the walk owner and am also told that this means the pda can be seen but not timed as I'm on light duties
I'm not sure how much of that i believe but if i can do these town deliveries in under the stated times look out the walk owners
Thanks for advise
-
exaandt
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58
Cant drive
Thanks for all the information and interesting comments ot will be interesting to see what happens to me in the future will they try and make me drive through bullying and harassment like they have other postman I know
Will they medically sign me off
Or will they just put out to pastures
Take care all
Will they medically sign me off
Or will they just put out to pastures
Take care all
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
If you are on light duties then surely you are not doing a whole walk? This might explain why you have found it so easy and have finished in under 4 hours.
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
If you are on light duties then surely you are not doing a whole walk? This might explain why you have found it so easy and have finished in under 4 hours.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
Really. I was going 2 to 3 hours over my duty time. 6 hour delivery span on one particular day, and that was after 4 hours sorting and prepping.PostmanBitesDog wrote:And with a Z Trolley, too. Impressive.smartecosse wrote:Managed all the walks at Christmas in under 4 hours?
Did you offload all your packets or something?
So after Christmas the walks would take what.....3 hours or so?
Still, most of the posties, including myself, also managed to get our walks done in less than four hours in the days leading up to Christmas. The amount of mail has been exponentially decreasing over the years.
And besides, we all want to get done as quick as possible at this time of year, for the night is dark and full of terrors.
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Cant drive
10 zeros as a route or any made up barcode is still timed and can still be seen. It just gets shown in a seperate report and is probably the first routes managers go looking at as it's flagged for being incorrect