ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
Do part timers NOT get back holidays?
I was asked either a days extra payment or a day back to use another time, but no option to just have a bank holiday like most of the UK
I was asked either a days extra payment or a day back to use another time, but no option to just have a bank holiday like most of the UK
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
I presume you mean do reserves get bank holidays, if your office never has enough staff then unfortunately
the answer is no.
the answer is no.
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
ahh damn ok,
I was reading royal mail site and it says No deliveries or Collections new years day
was hoping there was a cockup at my depot
I was reading royal mail site and it says No deliveries or Collections new years day
was hoping there was a cockup at my depot
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
ahh damn ok,
I was reading royal mail site and it says No deliveries or Collections new years day
was hoping there was a cockup at my depot
I was reading royal mail site and it says No deliveries or Collections new years day
was hoping there was a cockup at my depot
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
Ah sorry I'll explain a bit more, if your office is generally understaffed like most then the easiest option for your manager when a bank holiday crops up is to allocate that day to be the reserves day off so there's the maximum number of staff available, yes of course you do get bank holidays off but as you've found out they'll quite often give you them as your day off hence the option of pay or a lieu day.
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
Oh, I don't have a day off on Wednesday, I'm writtend down as being in
My day off is Tuesday
Guessing the same applies, short staffed = reserves
My day off is Tuesday
Guessing the same applies, short staffed = reserves
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
If your day off is Tuesday then you will get Tuesday (your day off) and Wednesday (New years day) off.gimba wrote:Oh, I don't have a day off on Wednesday, I'm writtend down as being in
My day off is Tuesday
Guessing the same applies, short staffed = reserves
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
I'm written down as in on a certain frame, I wasn't sure if all royal mail was closed bank holidays but guessing not, shameBahia Feliz wrote:If your day off is Tuesday then you will get Tuesday (your day off) and Wednesday (New years day) off.gimba wrote:Oh, I don't have a day off on Wednesday, I'm writtend down as being in
My day off is Tuesday
Guessing the same applies, short staffed = reserves
-
Blaine
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 20:07
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
Quick question - we are being told we can no longer claim overtime if our day off falls on a bank holiday and getting a day in lieu is now the only option. Is this right, or is the manager pulling a fast one? Every single reserve in our office has their days off on Christmas Day and New Years Day.ted_e_bear wrote:Ah sorry I'll explain a bit more, if your office is generally understaffed like most then the easiest option for your manager when a bank holiday crops up is to allocate that day to be the reserves day off so there's the maximum number of staff available, yes of course you do get bank holidays off but as you've found out they'll quite often give you them as your day off hence the option of pay or a lieu day.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
There are no deliveries on Bank Holidays so I would expect your office is closed. The rosters at our office for this week (Christmas/Boxing Day) and next week (New Years Day) show duties as normal on the Bank Holidays - but no one was working!!gimba wrote:I'm written down as in on a certain frame, I wasn't sure if all royal mail was closed bank holidays but guessing not, shameBahia Feliz wrote:If your day off is Tuesday then you will get Tuesday (your day off) and Wednesday (New years day) off.gimba wrote:Oh, I don't have a day off on Wednesday, I'm writtend down as being in
My day off is Tuesday
Guessing the same applies, short staffed = reserves
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
On bank holidays all Rm workers get a day off, definately you are off on Wednesday :)gimba wrote:I'm written down as in on a certain frame, I wasn't sure if all royal mail was closed bank holidays but guessing not, shameBahia Feliz wrote:If your day off is Tuesday then you will get Tuesday (your day off) and Wednesday (New years day) off.gimba wrote:Oh, I don't have a day off on Wednesday, I'm writtend down as being in
My day off is Tuesday
Guessing the same applies, short staffed = reserves
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
No you are entitled to the choice of a DOIL or to be paid. Your manager is definitely pulling a fast oneBlaine wrote:Quick question - we are being told we can no longer claim overtime if our day off falls on a bank holiday and getting a day in lieu is now the only option. Is this right, or is the manager pulling a fast one? Every single reserve in our office has their days off on Christmas Day and New Years Day.ted_e_bear wrote:Ah sorry I'll explain a bit more, if your office is generally understaffed like most then the easiest option for your manager when a bank holiday crops up is to allocate that day to be the reserves day off so there's the maximum number of staff available, yes of course you do get bank holidays off but as you've found out they'll quite often give you them as your day off hence the option of pay or a lieu day.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
Put it this way if you go in on Wednesday, you will be the only person there if that helps.
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
there may be some others there prepping walks, I know that many like working for free at RMgary1975 wrote:Put it this way if you go in on Wednesday, you will be the only person there if that helps.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Bank Holiday - PT 30 hours
Blaine wrote:Quick question - we are being told we can no longer claim overtime if our day off falls on a bank holiday and getting a day in lieu is now the only option. Is this right, or is the manager pulling a fast one? Every single reserve in our office has their days off on Christmas Day and New Years Day.ted_e_bear wrote:Ah sorry I'll explain a bit more, if your office is generally understaffed like most then the easiest option for your manager when a bank holiday crops up is to allocate that day to be the reserves day off so there's the maximum number of staff available, yes of course you do get bank holidays off but as you've found out they'll quite often give you them as your day off hence the option of pay or a lieu day.
You are entitled to a day off at another time (DOIL) or payment. Your manager is being a tozzer.