ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Occupational health referral

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

Occupational health referral

Post by Warriorpostie »

I’ve been referred to OH assist as been off for a few months now. Anyone have any experience with them & what I should expect from the phone call & any outcome? I’ve herd that Royal Mail can ignore their verdict if it isn’t what they want to hear.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Occupational health referral

Post by hothothot »

They basically try to find out if your fit for work by asking quite a few questions about your sickness and health. The best policy is to be honest. They can recommend light duties etc it depends what your off sick with .If you feel unable to work don't let them harass you back into work. Remember they work on behalf of royal mail, Thier job is to get you back to work. Your Dom can ignore oh assist but at his own peril ,he's not a doctor. To be honest I've never had a problem with them ,they seem pretty sympathetic and helpful. Don't stress about it. Good luck.
dodger71
Posts: 39
Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 17:36
Gender: Female
Location: right here right now

Occupational health referral

Post by dodger71 »

nothing to fear of oh assist ...they helped me loads everything is confidential and will only report back to the dom if you approve...
I FEEL LIKE A BITCH FOR AC AND AL
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

Occupational health referral

Post by Warriorpostie »

Ok thanks guys for the advice. Can you refuse them contacting your doctor? Or would that be a red flag to them? I’ve nothing to hide anyway as I’ve been up front & honest with Royal Mail from the start with my sickness.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Occupational health referral

Post by Sir Henry »

Your doctor is in your corner, OHA can't get the full truthful picture without talking to him (God only knows what your Dom has told them). If there are other health issues that you don't want OHA to be aware of just stipulate that only the pertinent health issue can be discussed. Even if the Dom decides to ignore OHA ( pretty stupid if he does ) you still have recourse to further procedure.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
celtic1967
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 137
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
Gender: Male

Occupational health referral

Post by celtic1967 »

I found OHA to be very good. The doc I was interviewed by couldnt have been more courteous, just be honest.