ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Nothing
127
18%
Between £5 and £20
87
12%
Between £21 and £50
73
10%
Between £51 and £100
88
12%
Between £101 and £200
99
14%
Between £201 and £300
66
9%
Between £300 and £500
70
10%
Between £501 and £1000
56
8%
Between £1001 and £5000
15
2%
Between £5001 and £10,000
8
1%
Over £10,000
22
3%
 
Total votes: 711

norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by norris9 »

How much in tips did you get this xmas?
fluxburner
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 10:39
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by fluxburner »

£4 split between the two of us, wouldn't vote as there is a bit of a differential from f**k all to £20.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Nothing but I am on sick :left: but I normally get about £90 and a few beers
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by Sir Henry »

Nowt
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Over 10 grand? Ha! I can rule that out. Bag of chocolates from an old dear I stash parcels for.
Bboingg
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by Bboingg »

Nothing, therefore I do not owe any tax.
Is the correct and only answer.
Dannybuca
Posts: 49
Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by Dannybuca »

Remarkably, given that I am a 'reserve' & float around the office, I managed to bag a solitary tip this year. Haven't opened it yet though so maybe it is £10k+ :pray
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by chickenwittle »

Nowt but we once had a postman that wouldn’t open his tip envelopes until Xmas day .
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by ted_e_bear »

Been on the same walk for nearly 4 years so "helped" loads of them out with parcels, dtn,sheds etc, also every Christmas corrected the wrongly addressed cards and guess what I got so far in tips....f**k all !!
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by norris9 »

ted_e_bear wrote:Been on the same walk for nearly 4 years so "helped" loads of them out with parcels, dtn,sheds etc, also every Christmas corrected the wrongly addressed cards and guess what I got so far in tips....f**k all !!
sucks bro.

again, makes me anti tipping waiters at a restaurant. If I got tipped nothing for 1 year of delivering post to people, I ain't ever going to give a waiter a tip.
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by norris9 »

Seymour Buts wrote:Over 10 grand? Ha! I can rule that out. Bag of chocolates from an old dear I stash parcels for.
Maybe some Posties who deliver in Mayfair + Buckingham Palace get $10,000+
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by blacov »

norris9 wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:Over 10 grand? Ha! I can rule that out. Bag of chocolates from an old dear I stash parcels for.
Maybe some Posties who deliver in Mayfair + Buckingham Palace get $10,000+

I would say totally opposite. Really rich people are far less likely to tip. Especially postmen.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by Lincox »

Best Tippers
People born before 1980 living in council houses. They have been brought up and seen their parents tipping the breadman, coalman, dustman and other regular people providing a service in the community.
Times have changed though and nowadays there are many familys on benefits or working/benefits.
malawihap
Posts: 85
Joined: 29 Jan 2008, 11:40

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by malawihap »

blacov wrote:
norris9 wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:Over 10 grand? Ha! I can rule that out. Bag of chocolates from an old dear I stash parcels for.
Maybe some Posties who deliver in Mayfair + Buckingham Palace get $10,000+

I would say totally opposite. Really rich people are far less likely to tip. Especially postmen.
So true its the old granny with nothing to her name who tips me ,while the guy with the 6 bedroom house and 3 cars who gives me nowt .
biggiehud
Posts: 31
Joined: 07 Jun 2013, 18:52
Gender: Male

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by biggiehud »

All down to your attitude what you put out is what you
Get back poor attitude and a poor mouth = poor life
Feel good think big Merry Christmas to all.