ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Bonus

Post by Rapidryan88 »

I take it our bonus comes under christmas bonus?
In today's payslip it said christmas supplement 65 pound? That cant be right
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Bonus

Post by clashcityrocker »

There are 2 xmas bonuses on today's payslip.
Christmas supplement - the xmas bonus base on your contracted hours over the festive period.
£65 suggests you are on a 25 hour contract and haven't had a variation of contract to full time hours for the pressure weeks.

The other bonus (Incentive underpin payment) is a relic of the phantom share debacle.
It is based on your actual hours but the remainder of the payment won't be paid until January.

So if you worked full time hours over the pressure without a variation of contract then you would have 2 x £65 payments today with a further £35 (approx) still to come.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Bonus

Post by Rapidryan88 »

clashcityrocker wrote:There are 2 xmas bonuses on today's payslip.
Christmas supplement - the xmas bonus base on your contracted hours over the festive period.
£65 suggests you are on a 25 hour contract and haven't had a variation of contract to full time hours for the pressure weeks.

The other bonus (Incentive underpin payment) is a relic of the phantom share debacle.
It is based on your actual hours but the remainder of the payment won't be paid until January.

So if you worked full time hours over the pressure without a variation of contract then you would have 2 x £65 payments today with a further £35 (approx) still to come.
Ah okay thankyou. My contract is 25 but I've never worked below 34/35 hours in the year and a half I've been here.
Lilly J
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 17:29
Gender: Female

Bonus

Post by Lilly J »

Got my bonus paid today which was part-time rate (27.5 hr week), although I have worked as full time for last 2 weeks, not for the whole Pressure period, so I’m guessing I won’t receive any uplift in January?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Bonus

Post by yellowbelly »

Lilly J wrote:Got my bonus paid today which was part-time rate (27.5 hr week), although I have worked as full time for last 2 weeks, not for the whole Pressure period, so I’m guessing I won’t receive any uplift in January?
You should but only if when you say 'I have worked as full time for the last 2 weeks.....' you ensured that it was agreed prior to the Christmas pressure
period that you were having a temporary contractual variation in hours, not just have booked OT to take you up to 38 hrs because it's busy.

In some offices this might mean someone walked round with a sheet asking you if you wanted to work FT or in other offices you
virtually have to pin your manager against a wall to say you want a temporary contractual variation to FT for Xmas.