ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Carrying annual leave over until the next year?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
smallbaldpostie
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Sep 2019, 20:20
Gender: Male

Carrying annual leave over until the next year?

Post by smallbaldpostie »

Hi all
First post here!

Been a postie for three months now as a part time waysider. I've only been into the DO on my first day for my induction, so don't really know the managers etc...in fact I don't know anyone apart from the pairs I have worked with.

I've got 4 days annual leave remaining, and I've been told I can carry this over to the new holiday year that starts in March 2020.
I've no reason to doubt this, but wanted to check that this is right, as I don't want to lose it.

Do you get paid all accumulated holiday paid if you leave the job?
i.e If I left the job in April, but had not taken any of the outstanding days from the old holiday year (or from the new year for that matter ), would I be paid all the outstanding 4 days?

Thanks in advance
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Carrying annual leave over until the next year?

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

Yes you can carry over a week, you can carry over more as long as the Dom agrees to it but they don’t like it much these days. If you left in April I would guess you would just finish however many days holiday you had left before your notice date.