ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Odd Christmas tips
-
Pokemon49
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Nov 2019, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
What is oddest thing u have been given as a tip?
Had some lovely homemade mince pies given to me last year.
Had some lovely homemade mince pies given to me last year.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
Got a bottle of O'Connors Irish Country Cream. Not even the good stuff. Tough times. To be fair I've never tried it and I'm appreciative of the fact that someone actually thought about me. Was in a nice little bag with a picture on it of, guess what? Yep, a postbox!Pokemon49 wrote:What is oddest thing u have been given as a tip?
Had some lovely homemade mince pies given to me last year.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
earl grey tea bags
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
Christmas pudding
-
Wednesday
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
Three daffodil bulbs in a pot!
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Odd Christmas tips
A box of chocolates that was 2 months out of date.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Odd Christmas tips
a stalk of sprouts one year 2 dead pheasants another and 2 massive salmon fillets as the fish monger was too late for the smokehouse and threw them at me saying don't expect any money as well 
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
Wouldn't get THAT in London!glenfiddich wrote:a stalk of sprouts one year 2 dead pheasants another and 2 massive salmon fillets as the fish monger was too late for the smokehouse and threw them at me saying don't expect any money as well
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Odd Christmas tips
A tin of soup and a mug.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
A packet of pipe tobacco !!
Wouldn't have a clue what to do with it but I suppose it's the thought that counts.
Wouldn't have a clue what to do with it but I suppose it's the thought that counts.
-
Bobby39
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 17 Dec 2019, 15:30
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
An already opened 3/4 full Irish cream liquor.
Lovely old lady so appreciated the gesture but it went straight down the sink.
Lovely old lady so appreciated the gesture but it went straight down the sink.
-
transporter03
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 03 Oct 2017, 18:24
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
A china cup and saucer from the back of a cupboard.This was from a lady who's family run a local jewellery shop. I thought perhaps one day it might be a Omega watch !. They always say you don't get rich by giving anything away !
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
I always find it amusing at this time of the year when you never get anything from the Multi-Million Pound Big House on the hill .... Yet you'll get a Fiver from a Blind OAP.transporter03 wrote:A china cup and saucer from the back of a cupboard.This was from a lady who's family run a local jewellery shop. I thought perhaps one day it might be a Omega watch !. They always say you don't get rich by giving anything away !
As you say Rich People never give anything away. Serves yourself right IF you've been creeping around those Posh houses hoping for a decent Tip.
Apparently he does get a decent Tips Haul ... But FFS is that what we do this job for? He always get upset if you cross out the unfranked stamps on "His" customers mail, whilst on IPS, that's his little favour to "His" Customers, and he gets upset if you write the correct address (i.e Try 120 Queen's Road) when they've simply got "Mr & Mrs Bloggs "Dunroaming Cottage" New Town" ..... because it upsets them
I used to work with an Old Posties years ago who had the attitude, "I start off as I mean to go on in January ....I'm a Grumpy Old Git and if they don't like it Tough. IF I get any tips then at least I know I've got it for delivering the mail, and NOT Kissing Ass"! Fair Comment I'd say.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Odd Christmas tips
Toothpaste.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8880
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Odd Christmas tips
Not from a customer,
A packet of "Flower Seeds" from RM
BAH HUMBUG
A packet of "Flower Seeds" from RM
BAH HUMBUG