ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
-
sledge4882
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 03 Feb 2011, 16:16
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
The amount of times this has happened or they stare at you or they NEVER will say "morning" or "hello". We are the ones delivering there stuff yet some can be miserable or rude. if your a reserve like myself at the moment it's difficult getting to know customers. But being in the job over 8years been on various routes and having my own permanent route one time, you meet all sorts of weird people...Why do we have to live in such a world where people have to judge you just for doing your job...
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
It's the (always) women who insist on hiding behind the door and only opening it about half an inch to try and take the parcel off you that puzzle me every time.
Also if some tradesman or salesman is stood at a front door talking to the householder so blocking your access to hand the mail/pkt directly to the customer, so when you try to give it to said tradesman they refuse to take it... for f***S sake all you've got to do is take it off me and hand it to the person at the front door, what's so complicated about that?
Also if some tradesman or salesman is stood at a front door talking to the householder so blocking your access to hand the mail/pkt directly to the customer, so when you try to give it to said tradesman they refuse to take it... for f***S sake all you've got to do is take it off me and hand it to the person at the front door, what's so complicated about that?
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
The ones who take the parcel from you and then close the door without as much as a thanks 
Just remember that when you deliver to a round of say 650 households you are delivering to near enough every representative of humankind - the young, the old, the nice, the rude, the cool, the weird
You are always gonna have some weirdos or grumps - just dont take it personal
Just remember that when you deliver to a round of say 650 households you are delivering to near enough every representative of humankind - the young, the old, the nice, the rude, the cool, the weird
You are always gonna have some weirdos or grumps - just dont take it personal
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
The odd person doesn't say anything at all. Just looks in a mood, takes the parcel and closes the door. Usually teenagers.
You get the grumpy people that have to make a fuss if you misdeliver, don't shut their gate, or give them junk mail. These people that moan about junk mail seem to not realise us posties all have homes too and get the same junk mail through our doors, but we don't go on at our postmen for delivering it, we just put it into the recycling bin.
You get the grumpy people that have to make a fuss if you misdeliver, don't shut their gate, or give them junk mail. These people that moan about junk mail seem to not realise us posties all have homes too and get the same junk mail through our doors, but we don't go on at our postmen for delivering it, we just put it into the recycling bin.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
I always have a smile ready when people answer their doors to me, especially if I'm delivering to a neighbour. Instead of the disarming smile I'm intending. I must have a grin like an undertaker according to some of the looks I get.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
Or it could be they're sick of getting their door chapped for the 10th time that day by every other courier out there, while their unappreciative and assuming neighbour is gayly quaffing cocktails at the local bistro.Sir Henry wrote:I always have a smile ready when people answer their doors to me, especially if I'm delivering to a neighbour. Instead of the disarming smile I'm intending. I must have a grin like an undertaker according to some of the looks I get.
-
sledge4882
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 03 Feb 2011, 16:16
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
Another pretty grip that gets me is Mother's holding there babies in one hand opening the door in the other while they try and take the post from me with a parcel I'm worried that she won't be able to carry it! Sometimes I say shall I "place the item inside on the floor for you" most of the time they reject the offer which is strange. Why open the door with one hand and try to carry heavy mail in another is bemusing to me!!
-
qw
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 04 Oct 2012, 21:18
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
You’ve got the ones that just stand there dumbfounded and trying to work out what they’ve bought while you’re there holding the pda thinking sign the damn thing! I haven’t got all day!
-
Pokemon49
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Nov 2019, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
Customers who take ages to come to the door and say I didn’t hear u knocking when u have been standing there for ten minutes and look at u if it is your fault they didn’t hear you
Also had some great excuses for customers taking so long to answer the door best one was I was just finishing emptying the dishwasher
Also had some great excuses for customers taking so long to answer the door best one was I was just finishing emptying the dishwasher
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
It's the ones that open the door after you're a couple of doors along saying "do you not have a parcel for me", that gets my goat. "No I just fancied a walk down here before I backtrack to your door, yah Nugget", I'm thinking.Pokemon49 wrote:Customers who take ages to come to the door and say I didn’t hear u knocking when u have been standing there for ten minutes and look at u if it is your fault they didn’t hear you
Also had some great excuses for customers taking so long to answer the door best one was I was just finishing emptying the dishwasher
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
Didn't hear you knocking but just randomly decided to come to the door? I love that onePokemon49 wrote:Customers who take ages to come to the door and say I didn’t hear u knocking when u have been standing there for ten minutes and look at u if it is your fault they didn’t hear you
Also had some great excuses for customers taking so long to answer the door best one was I was just finishing emptying the dishwasher
-
gerrys
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
Had a parcel for person Saturday gone, knocked on door & rang door bell as you do.....door opens & in a loud voice this is her response 'EITHER KNOCK ON THE DOOR OR RING THE DOOR BELL BUT NOT BOTH, YOU HAVE JUST WOKEN UP THE BABY'!'
couldn't make it up,mind you , I can better that ,few years back had parcel for address person comes to door with mobile phone balancing on her ear next thing I get her hand in my face 'don't speak to me im on my phone' so, I just wrote a 739 card out & dropped it on mat & went on my way , next thing she is chasing me down the road waving card' have you got something for me?' wish she could have read my mind as I handed over parcel!
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
Delivered a parcel to a grumpy git, he said hang on a minute, I thought what's he gonna moan about now. He came back & handed £20, thank you very much, what a nice man.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
Having worked previously in an 'upmarket' industry, it didn't take long to realise that there are 2 types of people out there. Those who treat you as they would want to be treated themselves, and those that treat you according to what job you do. It was a real eye opener. I've delivered parcels to people I'd known (some quite well) in my previous life who didn't even look at me, let alone speak to me, as I'm 'only' the postman now. It's nothing to do with wealth either, just character. There's millionaires out there who'll chat to you and offer you a cold drink in the summer and dole-ites who treat you like something they've scrapped off the bottom of their shoe.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3347
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Customers who give you funny looks when opening door
P739 cards make a hell of a noise when they land on the mat. It's not as if they're standing in the hall not answering the door until they see the card come through. That would be ridiculous.Tinoblade wrote:Didn't hear you knocking but just randomly decided to come to the door? I love that one
The machine stops.