ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Election material today

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dazer0070
Posts: 120
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

Election material today

Post by dazer0070 »

We had election material turn up today in our office, Labour. We were instructed to deliver these items. I was on the understanding it was illegal to do so. Is this true??
If so, then surely management have committed an offence.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Election material today

Post by ssdd »

dazer0070 wrote:We had election material turn up today in our office, Labour. We were instructed to deliver these items. I was on the understanding it was illegal to do so. Is this true??
If so, then surely management have committed an offence.
We had Tory in ours today. DOM had instruction from above in writing. Priorities eh?
Pharox
Posts: 151
Joined: 23 Jun 2011, 16:18
Gender: Male

Election material today

Post by Pharox »

As far as I know, if the election material was DSA, then yes it has to be delivered as its classed as live mail. But pretty sure, if its the stuff we get paid for, then it does not get delivered on polling day. I could be wrong and I have known to be...
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Election material today

Post by ssdd »

Pharox wrote:As far as I know, if the election material was DSA, then yes it has to be delivered as its classed as live mail. But pretty sure, if its the stuff we get paid for, then it does not get delivered on polling day. I could be wrong and I have known to be...
Yeah, ours was DSA.
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Election material today

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

I saw two women canvassing today with leaflets, I didn,t think that was allowed on an election day. :hmmmm
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Election material today

Post by k979aaa »

30+YEARMAN wrote:I saw two women canvassing today with leaflets, I didn,t think that was allowed on an election day. :hmmmm
It is allowed just not allowed on tv radio internet years ago we had cars with megaphones on them saying vote this that and the other
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Election material today

Post by beanmuncha »

I know the election is over, but i checked this up.
In RM's guide to candidates it states we do not deliver on polling day

We aim to deliver Addressed candidate mail within three working
days and Unaddressed candidate mail within seven working days
(excluding the day of handover) to the Royal Mail Drop Off Point,
Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays.

Please note: No mailing will be delivered on polling day.

take note for future elections
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Election material today

Post by crimson king »

We were still delivering addressed political shite yesterday. DOM said it was paid for, not our fault it came to us late and to just deliver it. I got a few bemused looks when handing them over with packets :roll:
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Election material today

Post by beanmuncha »

:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Mick100
Posts: 275
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
Gender: Male

Election material today

Post by Mick100 »

Does anyone know when we get the election payment
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Election material today

Post by yellowbelly »

Mick100 wrote:Does anyone know when we get the election payment
When your local admin get round to processing it through the pay system.......