We had election material turn up today in our office, Labour. We were instructed to deliver these items. I was on the understanding it was illegal to do so. Is this true??
If so, then surely management have committed an offence.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Election material today
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Election material today
We had Tory in ours today. DOM had instruction from above in writing. Priorities eh?dazer0070 wrote:We had election material turn up today in our office, Labour. We were instructed to deliver these items. I was on the understanding it was illegal to do so. Is this true??
If so, then surely management have committed an offence.
-
Pharox
- Posts: 151
- Joined: 23 Jun 2011, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Election material today
As far as I know, if the election material was DSA, then yes it has to be delivered as its classed as live mail. But pretty sure, if its the stuff we get paid for, then it does not get delivered on polling day. I could be wrong and I have known to be...
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Election material today
Yeah, ours was DSA.Pharox wrote:As far as I know, if the election material was DSA, then yes it has to be delivered as its classed as live mail. But pretty sure, if its the stuff we get paid for, then it does not get delivered on polling day. I could be wrong and I have known to be...
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Election material today
I saw two women canvassing today with leaflets, I didn,t think that was allowed on an election day. 
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Election material today
It is allowed just not allowed on tv radio internet years ago we had cars with megaphones on them saying vote this that and the other30+YEARMAN wrote:I saw two women canvassing today with leaflets, I didn,t think that was allowed on an election day.
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Election material today
I know the election is over, but i checked this up.
In RM's guide to candidates it states we do not deliver on polling day
We aim to deliver Addressed candidate mail within three working
days and Unaddressed candidate mail within seven working days
(excluding the day of handover) to the Royal Mail Drop Off Point,
Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays.
Please note: No mailing will be delivered on polling day.
take note for future elections
In RM's guide to candidates it states we do not deliver on polling day
We aim to deliver Addressed candidate mail within three working
days and Unaddressed candidate mail within seven working days
(excluding the day of handover) to the Royal Mail Drop Off Point,
Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays.
Please note: No mailing will be delivered on polling day.
take note for future elections
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Election material today
We were still delivering addressed political shite yesterday. DOM said it was paid for, not our fault it came to us late and to just deliver it. I got a few bemused looks when handing them over with packets 
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Mick100
- Posts: 275
- Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Election material today
Does anyone know when we get the election payment
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Election material today
When your local admin get round to processing it through the pay system.......Mick100 wrote:Does anyone know when we get the election payment