I know not everyone on this works a 6 day week, but just want to clarify that can I choose the option to be paid for the 2 public holidays i.e Xmas day and boxing day? Just the Atask in my office thinks I have to have the days given back to me as leave?
Many thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rest week on Xmas week....
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Rest week on Xmas week....
Don't see why not, the usual rule of being given that option if your day off falls on a bank holiday should apply, can't remember which agreement it was in, maybe way forward but you should be able to find it on here unless someone else can remember.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rest week on Xmas week....
money or lieu day.RetroJunkie wrote:I know not everyone on this works a 6 day week, but just want to clarify that can I choose the option to be paid for the 2 public holidays i.e Xmas day and boxing day? Just the Atask in my office thinks I have to have the days given back to me as leave?
Many thanks
-
RetroJunkie
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
- Gender: Female
Rest week on Xmas week....
Yeah I couldn't understand what he was getting at, didn't see why something would change just because it's Christmas. Is there someone else I can speak to if they try making out I can't have the money for it?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rest week on Xmas week....
rep/area rep, or phone the branch. if he/she tells you otherwise, they are lying.RetroJunkie wrote:Yeah I couldn't understand what he was getting at, didn't see why something would change just because it's Christmas. Is there someone else I can speak to if they try making out I can't have the money for it?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rest week on Xmas week....
my driver is off xmas day and boxing day. our lino has already asked him and others what they want, 2 days or pay. they've nearly all asked for the money.daveyeff wrote:rep/area rep, or phone the branch. if he/she tells you otherwise, they are lying.RetroJunkie wrote:Yeah I couldn't understand what he was getting at, didn't see why something would change just because it's Christmas. Is there someone else I can speak to if they try making out I can't have the money for it?
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Rest week on Xmas week....
Get the money if you want, it is your right to be given a choice of that or lieu days which build up and are never given. It is a union/management agreement (Way Forward 2000 I think)
-
RetroJunkie
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
- Gender: Female
Rest week on Xmas week....
Your office sounds a million miles from mine, everything seems to be a hard ship and they literally couldn't give a s**t about you.daveyeff wrote:my driver is off xmas day and boxing day. our lino has already asked him and others what they want, 2 days or pay. they've nearly all asked for the money.daveyeff wrote:rep/area rep, or phone the branch. if he/she tells you otherwise, they are lying.RetroJunkie wrote:Yeah I couldn't understand what he was getting at, didn't see why something would change just because it's Christmas. Is there someone else I can speak to if they try making out I can't have the money for it?