ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rest week on Xmas week....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Rest week on Xmas week....

Post by RetroJunkie »

I know not everyone on this works a 6 day week, but just want to clarify that can I choose the option to be paid for the 2 public holidays i.e Xmas day and boxing day? Just the Atask in my office thinks I have to have the days given back to me as leave?

Many thanks
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Rest week on Xmas week....

Post by ted_e_bear »

Don't see why not, the usual rule of being given that option if your day off falls on a bank holiday should apply, can't remember which agreement it was in, maybe way forward but you should be able to find it on here unless someone else can remember.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Rest week on Xmas week....

Post by daveyeff »

RetroJunkie wrote:I know not everyone on this works a 6 day week, but just want to clarify that can I choose the option to be paid for the 2 public holidays i.e Xmas day and boxing day? Just the Atask in my office thinks I have to have the days given back to me as leave?

Many thanks
money or lieu day.
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Rest week on Xmas week....

Post by RetroJunkie »

Yeah I couldn't understand what he was getting at, didn't see why something would change just because it's Christmas. Is there someone else I can speak to if they try making out I can't have the money for it?
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Rest week on Xmas week....

Post by daveyeff »

RetroJunkie wrote:Yeah I couldn't understand what he was getting at, didn't see why something would change just because it's Christmas. Is there someone else I can speak to if they try making out I can't have the money for it?
rep/area rep, or phone the branch. if he/she tells you otherwise, they are lying.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Rest week on Xmas week....

Post by daveyeff »

daveyeff wrote:
RetroJunkie wrote:Yeah I couldn't understand what he was getting at, didn't see why something would change just because it's Christmas. Is there someone else I can speak to if they try making out I can't have the money for it?
rep/area rep, or phone the branch. if he/she tells you otherwise, they are lying.
my driver is off xmas day and boxing day. our lino has already asked him and others what they want, 2 days or pay. they've nearly all asked for the money.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Rest week on Xmas week....

Post by redneck »

Get the money if you want, it is your right to be given a choice of that or lieu days which build up and are never given. It is a union/management agreement (Way Forward 2000 I think)
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Rest week on Xmas week....

Post by RetroJunkie »

daveyeff wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
RetroJunkie wrote:Yeah I couldn't understand what he was getting at, didn't see why something would change just because it's Christmas. Is there someone else I can speak to if they try making out I can't have the money for it?
rep/area rep, or phone the branch. if he/she tells you otherwise, they are lying.
my driver is off xmas day and boxing day. our lino has already asked him and others what they want, 2 days or pay. they've nearly all asked for the money.
Your office sounds a million miles from mine, everything seems to be a hard ship and they literally couldn't give a s**t about you.