ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Advice needed

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chrisdouglas
Posts: 22
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 19:25
Gender: Male

Advice needed

Post by chrisdouglas »

Hi, I'm currently struggling with deliveries due to health reasons and my dom is stopping me from doing indoor work instead, I had a workplace assessment with oh assist two years ago that stated that I could do indoor work when I'm struggling. I since had a referral in September because of a c.o.d but as this referral was targeted to what questions they wanted answers to my last workplace assessment has been pushed aside, and my dom denied that I had it written down that i can do indoor work when its available (and right now there's tons) in his defense my dom wasn't in my office when I had the assessment, but seeing he only dealt with my c.o.d in September it should be pretty fresh in his mind. Does the referral in September overrule the workplace assessment even though not all things where covered in the latest referral?? Or is it now non and void??
chrisdouglas
Posts: 22
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 19:25
Gender: Male

Advice needed

Post by chrisdouglas »

So no one can advise??
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Advice needed

Post by Postie45 »

if you have an issue unrelated to the September one or if its gotten noticably worse which is affecting you ability to do outdoor work then you should get another OH assessment, first Id speak to your rep who should be able to help you. the DOM wont be keen to keep referring you to OH as it costs money, but in the end its tough and your health is whats important. If you speak to OH again make sure you make it clear that you are unable to do outdoor work with your current condition, dont leave them wiggle room.
If its this long running then it would potentially fall under the equality act (ie count as a disability) where a lot of protections for you would kick in, this would be something that OH would determine.