ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bruised Toenails
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Bruised Toenails
A bit random I know but does any one else suffer from bruised toenails ? I tend to go for Magnum boots and I like them but My big toes are permanently bruised or worse still the bruised area dies.Had it happen a few times and they take ages to grow back.Its also odd as My shoes feel a good fit too! 
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Bruised Toenails
Mmmmm. Very interesting. I’m wearing magnum shoes and have had a bruised toe for the last two weeks. Too much walking feet are knackered. Pain in my foot bones too. Not good for you this job.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Bruised Toenails
I reckon either your toenails are too long or you need a bigger size shoe.scoobydo79 wrote:A bit random I know but does any one else suffer from bruised toenails ? I tend to go for Magnum boots and I like them but My big toes are permanently bruised or worse still the bruised area dies.Had it happen a few times and they take ages to grow back.Its also odd as My shoes feel a good fit too!
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Bruised Toenails
You could also try silicone toe covers
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Bruised Toenails
Also get some decent insoles. I've been using Spenco RX occupational for the last year or two. Good shock absorption and mild arch support.
-
blacov
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Bruised Toenails
I would not use anything other than a pair of ultralight weight trainers. Optionally with shock absorbing insoles. I think you would see a massive difference if you swapped your mangum boots for a pair of these.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Bruised Toenails
Yes, these would be more comfortable and I have used in the past, but you will notice a difference in your pay packet, having to fork out every three months or less when the sole wears out. Also, it's against SSOW, unless you have a doctor's letter.blacov wrote:I would not use anything other than a pair of ultralight weight trainers. Optionally with shock absorbing insoles. I think you would see a massive difference if you swapped your mangum boots for a pair of these.
If you've tried to tweak Royal Mail footwear with decent insoles/foot protection and it still doesn't help, time to get a doctor's letter.
-
blacov
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Bruised Toenails
ssdd wrote:Yes, these would be more comfortable and I have used in the past, but you will notice a difference in your pay packet, having to fork out every three months or less when the sole wears out. Also, it's against SSOW, unless you have a doctor's letter.blacov wrote:I would not use anything other than a pair of ultralight weight trainers. Optionally with shock absorbing insoles. I think you would see a massive difference if you swapped your mangum boots for a pair of these.
If you've tried to tweak Royal Mail footwear with decent insoles/foot protection and it still doesn't help, time to get a doctor's letter.
I see your point and I kind of agree with you but my comfort and health in the long run is worth more than a £100 every 6-8months. My pair of sketchers still has at least 2months of life left in it and I bought them fresh end of July. I've tried these trainers from royal mail and my foot was sweating and I was getting blisters despire wearing expensive pair of socks.