ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bruised Toenails

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Bruised Toenails

Post by scoobydo79 »

A bit random I know but does any one else suffer from bruised toenails ? I tend to go for Magnum boots and I like them but My big toes are permanently bruised or worse still the bruised area dies.Had it happen a few times and they take ages to grow back.Its also odd as My shoes feel a good fit too! :hmmmm
Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 621
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
Gender: Male

Bruised Toenails

Post by Numberone63 »

Mmmmm. Very interesting. I’m wearing magnum shoes and have had a bruised toe for the last two weeks. Too much walking feet are knackered. Pain in my foot bones too. Not good for you this job.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Bruised Toenails

Post by ssdd »

scoobydo79 wrote:A bit random I know but does any one else suffer from bruised toenails ? I tend to go for Magnum boots and I like them but My big toes are permanently bruised or worse still the bruised area dies.Had it happen a few times and they take ages to grow back.Its also odd as My shoes feel a good fit too! :hmmmm
I reckon either your toenails are too long or you need a bigger size shoe.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Bruised Toenails

Post by ssdd »

You could also try silicone toe covers
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Bruised Toenails

Post by ssdd »

Also get some decent insoles. I've been using Spenco RX occupational for the last year or two. Good shock absorption and mild arch support.
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

Bruised Toenails

Post by blacov »

I would not use anything other than a pair of ultralight weight trainers. Optionally with shock absorbing insoles. I think you would see a massive difference if you swapped your mangum boots for a pair of these.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Bruised Toenails

Post by ssdd »

blacov wrote:I would not use anything other than a pair of ultralight weight trainers. Optionally with shock absorbing insoles. I think you would see a massive difference if you swapped your mangum boots for a pair of these.
Yes, these would be more comfortable and I have used in the past, but you will notice a difference in your pay packet, having to fork out every three months or less when the sole wears out. Also, it's against SSOW, unless you have a doctor's letter.

If you've tried to tweak Royal Mail footwear with decent insoles/foot protection and it still doesn't help, time to get a doctor's letter.
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

Bruised Toenails

Post by blacov »

ssdd wrote:
blacov wrote:I would not use anything other than a pair of ultralight weight trainers. Optionally with shock absorbing insoles. I think you would see a massive difference if you swapped your mangum boots for a pair of these.
Yes, these would be more comfortable and I have used in the past, but you will notice a difference in your pay packet, having to fork out every three months or less when the sole wears out. Also, it's against SSOW, unless you have a doctor's letter.

If you've tried to tweak Royal Mail footwear with decent insoles/foot protection and it still doesn't help, time to get a doctor's letter.

I see your point and I kind of agree with you but my comfort and health in the long run is worth more than a £100 every 6-8months. My pair of sketchers still has at least 2months of life left in it and I bought them fresh end of July. I've tried these trainers from royal mail and my foot was sweating and I was getting blisters despire wearing expensive pair of socks.