ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is this a glimpse into the future
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
Just had a delivery from a soaked stressed Hermes driver at 9:33pm is this what we have to look forward to? P.s it was eBay not amazon I don't buy from amazon
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Is this a glimpse into the future
That early they soon will be expecting same day 23:59 arse kicked if it goes to next day and you think 1pm specials are a pain in the arse!postieblueshirt wrote:Just had a delivery from a soaked stressed Hermes driver at 9:33pm is this what we have to look forward to? P.s it was eBay not amazon I don't buy from amazon
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
I got my royal mail tracked at 7.15 last night. I was shocked the postie was still smiling 
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
Our local Hermes driver had over 600 parcels the other day - £1 a parcel.postieblueshirt wrote:Just had a delivery from a soaked stressed Hermes driver at 9:33pm is this what we have to look forward to? P.s it was eBay not amazon I don't buy from amazon
-
cobrakai
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 13 Dec 2007, 17:17
Is this a glimpse into the future
It can be really lucrative if they get on a round in a city suburb. Don’t let people fool you in to thinking it’s all doom and gloom. We had some lads years ago at our office that did it as a second income in their wives names. When they got a round of next directories was still the flat fee per item but every other house had one. It wasn’t great hours grantedmasterblaster wrote:Our local Hermes driver had over 600 parcels the other day - £1 a parcel.postieblueshirt wrote:Just had a delivery from a soaked stressed Hermes driver at 9:33pm is this what we have to look forward to? P.s it was eBay not amazon I don't buy from amazon
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
I think they have to get rid of them though, (delivered) if they don't then they don't get paid. ive seen Hermes drivers trying to throw packets through open upstairs windows, over garden fences, under bushes, behind wheels of a car and sometimes even just left outside front doors. one guy tried 11 houses in the estate I do but got no answer at any of them. I had done a couple of streets and he was STILL there trying to get shot of it.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
£1 a parcel isn’t as bad as I imagined; £160 a day sounds ok; not as good as RM perks but still not what I thought it’d be
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
this guy used his own car so he would have the wear and tear on it plus he would need business insurance. not sure if they get a petrol/diesel allowance or if its in with the packet payment. but he said their T&Cs weren't great.LaggyBand wrote:£1 a parcel isn’t as bad as I imagined; £160 a day sounds ok; not as good as RM perks but still not what I thought it’d be
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
and what about in the summer when its not very busy. they might only have 40-50 packets a day.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
That's impossible. Even at a rate of one delivery every minute, that's 10 hrs straight without a break or loading up. They must be working from 5am till 10pm to get rid of 600 pkts.masterblaster wrote:Our local Hermes driver had over 600 parcels the other day - £1 a parcel.postieblueshirt wrote:Just had a delivery from a soaked stressed Hermes driver at 9:33pm is this what we have to look forward to? P.s it was eBay not amazon I don't buy from amazon
-
Warriorpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
They have to work 6 days a week. No choice. Maybe even sundays at this time of year. I can see royal mail going this road in the future with drivers owning their vehicles etc....
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
No chance can you do 600pkts in a day. I’m very quick and it took me best part of 8 hours delivering to do 230 pkts today.rambo1 wrote:That's impossible. Even at a rate of one delivery every minute, that's 10 hrs straight without a break or loading up. They must be working from 5am till 10pm to get rid of 600 pkts.masterblaster wrote:Our local Hermes driver had over 600 parcels the other day - £1 a parcel.postieblueshirt wrote:Just had a delivery from a soaked stressed Hermes driver at 9:33pm is this what we have to look forward to? P.s it was eBay not amazon I don't buy from amazon
-
south London postie
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
That doesn't mean 600 hundred different addresses.
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
I spoke to a Hermes courier. He said he likes it as he can work on his own at his own pace without any hassle. He said the moneys not great and it puts a lot of wear and tear on his car.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Is this a glimpse into the future
exactly, he could've had double, treble, even 4 or 5 packets for quite a few of his drops. I've an address on mine that regularly gets 7 or 8 packets... must've had a big van though.south London postie wrote:That doesn't mean 600 hundred different addresses.