ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Not in a good place.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
I'll keep this short. I am struggling really bad with depression at the moment. I have already been off with it earlier this year due to my misses have a miscarriage last year (I bottled it up) . Was off for two weeks with it and triggered a stage 1.
Fast forward too now, I've been off for 3 weeks with a bad back so back on a stage 1 again. But this week my depression has come back with vengeance and worse than ever. I broke down twice in work last week and ended up going home on Saturday morning. This is due too another miscarriage my misses had a few years ago around this time. My auntie just died unexpectedly and my nanna is terminally I'll and due to die any time really. Plus pressure in work, thought I was coping but obviously I wasn't. Luckily got a healthy baby boy now who's 7 months old. But the wife gone back too work and I need to finish on time every day so she can go work and I can look after my son. So feeling pressured in work for that.
I don't want to go on sick because I will trigger a stage 2 but feel I've got no choice. Going doctors tomorrow. The reason I don't want to trigger a stage 2 is because I have a foot operation coming up. On a 9 week waiting list so will be off again which will trigger a stage 3. So this ain't helping with my anxiety. Sorry for the long post and my bad grammar.
Fast forward too now, I've been off for 3 weeks with a bad back so back on a stage 1 again. But this week my depression has come back with vengeance and worse than ever. I broke down twice in work last week and ended up going home on Saturday morning. This is due too another miscarriage my misses had a few years ago around this time. My auntie just died unexpectedly and my nanna is terminally I'll and due to die any time really. Plus pressure in work, thought I was coping but obviously I wasn't. Luckily got a healthy baby boy now who's 7 months old. But the wife gone back too work and I need to finish on time every day so she can go work and I can look after my son. So feeling pressured in work for that.
I don't want to go on sick because I will trigger a stage 2 but feel I've got no choice. Going doctors tomorrow. The reason I don't want to trigger a stage 2 is because I have a foot operation coming up. On a 9 week waiting list so will be off again which will trigger a stage 3. So this ain't helping with my anxiety. Sorry for the long post and my bad grammar.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
Time for a visit to Your GP I think and a good chat with Your wife just for starters.I can’t believe She is back at work with a 7month old at home ...good grief!!!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
The misses already knows everything what's going on. I've just been a typical bloke bottle it all up thinking everything is fine and everything come to a head. I just know that I will trigger a stage 3 that's not helping but will cross that bridge when I get too it.scoobydo79 wrote:Time for a visit to Your GP I think and a good chat with Your wife just for starters.I can’t believe She is back at work with a 7month old at home ...good grief!!!
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
Sorry but You can’t keep going as You are.Your wife thinks You can work full time with a bad back,soon to be bad foot and then rush home to look after a 7 month old while She goes to work? Time for a reality check with Her.She can help You more than a doctor or any one on this forum.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
Looking after the baby is all about team work. She looks after the baby during the day and I do the evening. She used to be a college tutor but had to give it up because we refuse to pay nearly £900 a month on child care. So she had to get a job that she can do when I get home. Still got to pay the Bill's. If we could afford her staying home we would but we can't.scoobydo79 wrote:Sorry but You can’t keep going as You are.Your wife thinks You can work full time with a bad back,soon to be bad foot and then rush home to look after a 7 month old while She goes to work? Time for a reality check with Her.She can help You more than a doctor or any one on this forum.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
Sounds like u have a lot going on, do u have a rep in the office u can lean on for some advice? I’m not sure what it is but some of the younger guys in the office have mentioned they are on something called family friendly which allows them to be there more for their kids, maybe someone on here will know more about it than I do. Take care of yourself, your more important than a job at Royal Mail.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
Do not know if you are aware, or wish to contact this service. From the email link you can click on employee support which in turn will give you several options.
First Class Support: Free colleague assistance service 0800 688 8777
http://www.rmgfirstclasssupport.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This link gives you information for "Other time off" managers booklet related to a family friendly approach & HRS ADVICE & SUPPORT CONTACT DETAILS.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Oth ... t-2016.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
First Class Support: Free colleague assistance service 0800 688 8777
http://www.rmgfirstclasssupport.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This link gives you information for "Other time off" managers booklet related to a family friendly approach & HRS ADVICE & SUPPORT CONTACT DETAILS.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Oth ... t-2016.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by rogersh on 01 Dec 2019, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
I agree but You sound like Your doing more than Your share.Reduce Your hours so She can Increase Hers or vice versa an option maybe?CPTNemoUK wrote:Looking after the baby is all about team work. She looks after the baby during the day and I do the evening. She used to be a college tutor but had to give it up because we refuse to pay nearly £900 a month on child care. So she had to get a job that she can do when I get home. Still got to pay the Bill's. If we could afford her staying home we would but we can't.scoobydo79 wrote:Sorry but You can’t keep going as You are.Your wife thinks You can work full time with a bad back,soon to be bad foot and then rush home to look after a 7 month old while She goes to work? Time for a reality check with Her.She can help You more than a doctor or any one on this forum.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
Looking after the baby not the problem. Its him and the wife keeping me going. Just think the Christmas pressure and not being able to complete and arguing every day in work just pushed me over the edge. The reps and my work colleagues have been really supportive. Management intent go there.scoobydo79 wrote:I agree but You sound like Your doing more than Your share.Reduce Your hours so She can Increase Hers or vice versa an option maybe?CPTNemoUK wrote:Looking after the baby is all about team work. She looks after the baby during the day and I do the evening. She used to be a college tutor but had to give it up because we refuse to pay nearly £900 a month on child care. So she had to get a job that she can do when I get home. Still got to pay the Bill's. If we could afford her staying home we would but we can't.scoobydo79 wrote:Sorry but You can’t keep going as You are.Your wife thinks You can work full time with a bad back,soon to be bad foot and then rush home to look after a 7 month old while She goes to work? Time for a reality check with Her.She can help You more than a doctor or any one on this forum.
I would also like to add the wife does alot more than me. Just think the sudden death of my auntie and my nanna on her last legs and I didn't greave the babies we lost. (Me trying to be strong for the wife it hit her hard) has not done my mental state any good.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
Cheers for the links. Going to see what happens at the doctors tomorrow and them will start seeking other avenues too help me through this. Even talking to you guys/ladies is making me feel better.rogersh wrote:Do not know if you are aware, or wish to contact this service. From the email link you can click on employee support which in turn will give you several options.
First Class Support: Free colleague assistance service 0800 688 8777
http://www.rmgfirstclasssupport.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This link gives you information for "Other time off" managers booklet related to a family friendly approach & HRS ADVICE & SUPPORT CONTACT DETAILS.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Oth ... t-2016.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Ali831
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 16:03
- Gender: Female
Not in a good place.
Your family and health are more important then a job. Look after yourself think of number one, deal with everything else as it when it arises.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
Good Luck tomorrow Nemo and let us know how you get on 
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
this what it boils down to. I I ow it's easier said than done but I'll get there. And any problems with work can wait till I am sorted. Thanks for your replyAli831 wrote:Your family and health are more important then a job. Look after yourself think of number one, deal with everything else as it when it arises.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
Thank you and will do when I get the chance.scoobydo79 wrote:Good Luck tomorrow Nemo and let us know how you get on
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Not in a good place.
good luck with everything. Seeing your dr is very important not only for your mental health but from the work aspect too, if you were to get diagnosed with some form of depression then theres a lot of protections that kick in once something is diagnosed professionally rather than being someone who just keeps taking time off for what they say is stress.