ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Curious as to how management manage based on depot size

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

Which relates to you (Depot + Managers)

I work in a small depot and the managers are reasonable.
12
12%
I work in a small depot and the managers are often unreasonable and expect too much.
9
9%
I work in a medium sized depot and the managers are reasonable.
18
18%
I work in a medium sized depot and the managers are often unreasonable and expect too much.
24
24%
I work in a huge depot and the managers are reasonable.
12
12%
I work in a huge depot and the managers are often unreasonable and expect too much.
24
24%
 
Total votes: 99

norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Curious as to how management manage based on depot size

Post by norris9 »

Just a poll to see how fair and reasonable managers are depending on the depot size.

I have based this on.....

Small depot. Under 25 duties.

Medium sized depot. Between 26 and 60 duties.

Huge Depot. 61+ duties.

But feel free to judge for yourself if your depot fits in with small, medium, or huge, you don't have to go by the numbers above as I don't really know what to class each as.


I would assume that in the smaller depots with less going on, less drama, smaller building etc, then the managers would be a lot easier to work with....but let's see....
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Curious as to how management manage based on depot size

Post by robbertwhitton »

Well ours is a small office and he runs our office and another near one,we see very little of him ,as he prefers his other office and stays there,which is far from perfect,a nice guy,but a manager he ain’t,everything by the letter and told from above how to run the office,we don’t engage with him and just continue in our far to efficient for our own good way,gets little or no grief from the workforce who just seem beaten against lapsing loaning cutting off,absorption etc etc,never says thankyou for anything,just farms work out to the delivery office support in case he gets bored,after van runs,throwing rounds off to be lapsed,before starting on his own work,