ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dogs WITHOUT leads
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
This is driving me NUTS!!!!!
Im having a spate of people walking dogs down the street without a lead!, I try to explain to them it could be classed as a out of control dog and so illegal and that no matter how well behaved the dog normally is when they see a postie we can get chased down a street and ive had to defend myself numerous times, but the owners dont give a sh!t and try to argue the legalities of it.
Im trying to get the CWU to lobby to make walking a dog without a lead in a public place illegal.
Anyone else got this issue?
Im having a spate of people walking dogs down the street without a lead!, I try to explain to them it could be classed as a out of control dog and so illegal and that no matter how well behaved the dog normally is when they see a postie we can get chased down a street and ive had to defend myself numerous times, but the owners dont give a sh!t and try to argue the legalities of it.
Im trying to get the CWU to lobby to make walking a dog without a lead in a public place illegal.
Anyone else got this issue?
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Completely agree, I love dogs and have my own who is a dream. Could walk off the lead no issues. But wouldn't dream of doing it in a public space. Dogs are unpredictable and the smallest thing can trigger a previously unknown behaviour.leolion855 wrote:This is driving me NUTS!!!!!
Im having a spate of people walking dogs down the street without a lead!, I try to explain to them it could be classed as a out of control dog and so illegal and that no matter how well behaved the dog normally is when they see a postie we can get chased down a street and ive had to defend myself numerous times, but the owners dont give a sh!t and try to argue the legalities of it.
Im trying to get the CWU to lobby to make walking a dog without a lead in a public place illegal.
Anyone else got this issue?
I think it's a more than fair thing to expect
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Dogs WITHOUT leads
I don’t get why people have dogs, what’s the point? I don’t want to fuss or stroke your dirty dog, when they say “it’s alright he don’t bite might lick you to death” I did say to one persistent customer that alway brought her snarlingly mutt to the door with her, if he did nip me I would insist the dogs is put down, she now locks it in the kitchen. 
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
If it's any use to anyone have a read of this
https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Film the loose dog and the owner on Your phone then have a polite chat.You will be surprised how cooperative they will then be.Dog bites in our office have gone sky high lately
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
I opted for a dog rather than children. I hope that's OK with youtwoloops wrote:I don’t get why people have dogs, what’s the point? I don’t want to fuss or stroke your dirty dog, when they say “it’s alright he don’t bite might lick you to death” I did say to one persistent customer that alway brought her snarlingly mutt to the door with her, if he did nip me I would insist the dogs is put down, she now locks it in the kitchen.
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Can you have a child put down if it bites you.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Tinoblade wrote:I opted for a dog rather than children. I hope that's OK with youtwoloops wrote:I don’t get why people have dogs, what’s the point? I don’t want to fuss or stroke your dirty dog, when they say “it’s alright he don’t bite might lick you to death” I did say to one persistent customer that alway brought her snarlingly mutt to the door with her, if he did nip me I would insist the dogs is put down, she now locks it in the kitchen.
I hope you keep them on a lead in public places TB?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
That is one of the major advantages of Dogs over Children.grchpo wrote:Can you have a child put down if it bites you.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Nasty dogs growling are really frightening and can cause trauma . Inform the dog warden or call bill if it bites 999 if you don't know the dogs owners
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Never let her off. You never knowDorset Plodder wrote:Tinoblade wrote:I opted for a dog rather than children. I hope that's OK with youtwoloops wrote:I don’t get why people have dogs, what’s the point? I don’t want to fuss or stroke your dirty dog, when they say “it’s alright he don’t bite might lick you to death” I did say to one persistent customer that alway brought her snarlingly mutt to the door with her, if he did nip me I would insist the dogs is put down, she now locks it in the kitchen.
I hope you keep them on a lead in public places TB?
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Turkeys should be on leashes too.
-
grandypants
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
I have one guy who thinks it funny when walking his dog off a lead the s**t goes for me, didn't think it was funny when I kicked the little s**t, now when he sees me he puts the dog on a lead, job done
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Dogs WITHOUT leads
Who is Bill? LolDindin wrote:Nasty dogs growling are really frightening and can cause trauma . Inform the dog warden or call bill if it bites 999 if you don't know the dogs owners
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Dogs WITHOUT leads
We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk 