Customer no proper ID , produced photo of ID in phone , I politely told him not acceptable , he States immagration accepted it , demanded to see a manager , was none available at 7pm , demanded my name and took photo of me !!!
Surely this is not permitted ie photo and do I have to give him my name under Data Protection Act ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Callers office
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Callers office
Obviously full of s**t there.Ciderboy1957 wrote:Customer no proper ID , produced photo of ID in phone , I politely told him not acceptable , he States immagration accepted it , demanded to see a manager , was none available at 7pm , demanded my name and took photo of me !!!
Surely this is not permitted ie photo and do I have to give him my name under Data Protection Act ?
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Callers office
nothing to worry aboutCiderboy1957 wrote:Customer no proper ID , produced photo of ID in phone , I politely told him not acceptable , he States immagration accepted it , demanded to see a manager , was none available at 7pm , demanded my name and took photo of me !!!
Surely this is not permitted ie photo and do I have to give him my name under Data Protection Act ?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Callers office
I would of grabbed the phone and smashed it up cheeky horrible S@@@

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Callers office
There is generally a lot of misconception about the Data Protection Act - from the Govt's own website:Ciderboy1957 wrote:............. do I have to give him my name under Data Protection Act ?
So not giving the customer your name doesn't really come under the DP Act - more 'Boss he was being a complete **** and I feltThe Data Protection Act 2018 controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government.
threatened so didn't want to give him my name for my own protection'.
-
Groundpounder
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 04 May 2011, 19:52
- Gender: Male
Callers office
ID on phone definitely not acceptable, acceptable ID is on the P739 and or poster which should be on display in your office.
This typical arrogant behaviour happens all the time and you only need give him or her your first name.
But please be aware if a customer demands to see a manager they will often fold at the first hurdle and hand the customer the packet with no ID so the customer on leaving can give you a smart arse smile.
However for what it's worth I commend you on doing the job properly when so many will not, some even when being trained will say I'm not getting in to a argument I will just give it them
This typical arrogant behaviour happens all the time and you only need give him or her your first name.
But please be aware if a customer demands to see a manager they will often fold at the first hurdle and hand the customer the packet with no ID so the customer on leaving can give you a smart arse smile.
However for what it's worth I commend you on doing the job properly when so many will not, some even when being trained will say I'm not getting in to a argument I will just give it them
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Callers office
Correct Groundpounder , 99% of customers are fine but as anyone who as served in callers office knows there is always a clever c__t .I put incident in writing and have a colleague wittiness as some years ago I asked a customer how he spelt his name to do a search for an item, posties writing was ineligible , and was accused of being a biggot, mangement jumped all over it and tried to take me down conduct code . Mangement mindset is " customer is ALWAYS right "
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Callers office
In our office when we escalate the case to dragging the manager away from his tea & coffee, the dom is told no id/card or whatever & if he folds hes going to get his ass kicked. Always works.
Had a person say she was going to call the police as we werent releasing her parcel. Gave her the number for the local police and told her not dealing with her anymore unless she has both the card & ID. Moved onto serving the next person.
We are helpful and try to offer options like offering a redeliverly or what ID to bring etc but anyone can be secret shopper. The post office gets them and so do we in the callers office.
Had a person say she was going to call the police as we werent releasing her parcel. Gave her the number for the local police and told her not dealing with her anymore unless she has both the card & ID. Moved onto serving the next person.
We are helpful and try to offer options like offering a redeliverly or what ID to bring etc but anyone can be secret shopper. The post office gets them and so do we in the callers office.