ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hands

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Cluaran
Posts: 97
Joined: 03 Aug 2019, 23:23
Gender: Male

Hands

Post by Cluaran »

It is that time of the year when my hands and fingers start to dry up and crack meaning lots of lovely hacks! What do you guys use as prevention or what hand cream if any is recommended?
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Hands

Post by leolion855 »

o keefs working hands, it is expensive tho
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Hands

Post by Celgar »

E45 is a good moisturizer. I had noticed my fingers are quite rough but that might be to do with the washing up.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
celtic1967
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 137
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
Gender: Male

Hands

Post by celtic1967 »

leolion855 wrote:o keefs working hands, it is expensive tho
This
standanddeliver
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 20:30
Gender: Male
Location: Barnoldswick

Hands

Post by standanddeliver »

Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector - brilliant stuff
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
redwomble
Posts: 7
Joined: 30 Oct 2019, 17:43
Gender: Male

Hands

Post by redwomble »

Someone recommended something called Norwegian Formula to me a few years ago, I think Neutrogena make it, works really well if you start using it before your hands get too bad.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Hands

Post by twoloops »

When I worked in a factory many moons ago they had pre work & after work barrier cream dispensers in the toilets, when I first started @ RM I did wonder why you did not? One for the courier that :hmmmm
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Hands

Post by redneck »

twoloops wrote:When I worked in a factory many moons ago they had pre work & after work barrier cream dispensers in the toilets, when I first started @ RM I did wonder why you did not? One for the courier that :hmmmm
Don't wish to be negative, but it will be 'too expensive', and would you entrust managers to make sure that it was always available? :crazy:
Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 621
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
Gender: Male

Hands

Post by Numberone63 »

Nappy cream. Heals and soothes in one. So bepanthen or sudocrem.
herdie
Posts: 5
Joined: 04 May 2014, 14:12
Gender: Male

Hands

Post by herdie »

Use Neutrogena for that exact problem and it has worked wonders for me over the last couple of winters. Think most things mentioned above would also work. The trick is to apply the stuff before going out in the morning. If you wait until after your hands get cold / wet then it is too late. Also reapply whenever you wash your hands.