ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lawrencepa2014
Posts: 98
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:03
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by Lawrencepa2014 »

I’ve had a few in the past specifically in my first couple of months. My complaints seem to be a lot more spread out now possibly one every 2-3 months. Yesterday I had my first complaint in a few months and they gave me a 3 Cs just like that I signed it and I feel really pissed off about it now. It seems that for every complaint I’ve ever received I’ve had a 3 Cs for it. My probation has been extended and I’m worried they’ll use this against me to get rid of me. Are they really worth the paper they’re written on or is there anything I can do about it now?
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by Trail »

Lawrencepa2014 wrote:I’ve had a few in the past specifically in my first couple of months. My complaints seem to be a lot more spread out now possibly one every 2-3 months. Yesterday I had my first complaint in a few months and they gave me a 3 Cs just like that I signed it and I feel really pissed off about it now. It seems that for every complaint I’ve ever received I’ve had a 3 Cs for it. My probation has been extended and I’m worried they’ll use this against me to get rid of me. Are they really worth the paper they’re written on or is there anything I can do about it now?
You don't have to sign anything at a disciplinary. Just ask the person doing the interview to write 'Refused to Sign' on whatever they ask you to sign.

Also, they won't get rid of you.
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by grchpo »

What are 3 Cs ?
westham000
Posts: 106
Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by westham000 »

Coaching, counseling and conduct.
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by picture123 »

How many complaints have you had, it sounds like it should have progressed to conduct if you've had as many as you make out on the post? And yes it's their evidence they've tried to train you and you are not improving
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by General Mannerheim »

Where is this National policy between the union or management?
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by Newbie001 »

General Mannerheim wrote:Where is this National policy between the union or management?
Was told by a rep once that there is no national policy, as it wasnt agreed by union.
Best advice, no comment, can't remember, don't sign. We deliver hundreds if not thousands of items a day. Mistakes happen.
You can bet your ass the manager never asked the right questions anyway. Might not even be your fault.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by k979aaa »

westham000 wrote:Coaching, counseling and conduct.
Cautioning chastising collusion
Shedend
Posts: 49
Joined: 04 Apr 2011, 07:52
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by Shedend »

There is no national agreement to the three c's. It does not and never has formed any part of the nationally agreed conduct code.
mattjo1@talktalk.net
Posts: 93
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by mattjo1@talktalk.net »

So he is moaning because he cant do the job he is paid to do.

Its a very simple job.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by aiden01 »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:So he is moaning because he cant do the job he is paid to do.

Its a very simple job.
So you never make mistakes :hmmmm
richietns
Posts: 1101
Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by richietns »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:So he is moaning because he cant do the job he is paid to do.

Its a very simple job.
Mr positives back.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by twoloops »

Lawrencepa2014 wrote:Are they really worth the paper they’re written on or is there anything I can do about it now?
Are we taking mail delivered to the wrong address? If so are you also prepping the frame?
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by Woody Guthrie »

twoloops wrote:
Lawrencepa2014 wrote:Are they really worth the paper they’re written on or is there anything I can do about it now?
Are we taking mail delivered to the wrong address? If so are you also prepping the frame?
A missort is the responsibility of the prepper.

Assuming it's addressed properly a misdelivery is always the responsibility of the person who delivers the mail. It's a bit shitty to try to pass that buck down the line.
Only dead fish follow the current
richietns
Posts: 1101
Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
Gender: Male

Got the 3 Cs again yesterday

Post by richietns »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
twoloops wrote:
Lawrencepa2014 wrote:Are they really worth the paper they’re written on or is there anything I can do about it now?
Are we taking mail delivered to the wrong address? If so are you also prepping the frame?
A missort is the responsibility of the prepper.

Assuming it's addressed properly a misdelivery is always the responsibility of the person who delivers the mail. It's a bit shitty to try to pass that buck down the line.
But the prepper hasn't physically put it through the door.