ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay for Election leaflets
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
How much are you meant to get for delivering election leaflets?
I was sure I'd read on here is was about 6 pence each.......but the 1st batch arrived for us to deliver today and I was told it was 3 pence so either I've misremembered what I'd read or there are differing amounts see depending on which office you work in which would seem fairly stupid.
I was sure I'd read on here is was about 6 pence each.......but the 1st batch arrived for us to deliver today and I was told it was 3 pence so either I've misremembered what I'd read or there are differing amounts see depending on which office you work in which would seem fairly stupid.
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3289
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
ours is 6pence per item poll card or leaflet
its down to local agreements
up to your reps to negotiate
would refuse to do them for 3p
its down to local agreements
up to your reps to negotiate
would refuse to do them for 3p
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
It's either 6.6p or 6.8p per item at our DO.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Busterbear
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 13:22
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
Can you refuse to deliver election leaflets , anyone know ?
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
So our rep has negotiated the lowest amount possible.......way to go!
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
3p at our how come some offices 6p ?
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
Ours are 5p
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3289
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
should be aiming for 6p guys get your reps in to fight it
6p or as an office disagree and non delivery until top amount paid
6p or as an office disagree and non delivery until top amount paid
-
bogues2009
- Posts: 87
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:20
Pay for Election leaflets
I ve been pestering our 3 different union reps (including an area one) for last 10 years about this. Our office gets absolute minimum 3p/item. Surprisingly, one of the reps negotiated 6p payment in office in different town but not in ours. Yesterday he gathered some people before shift started and called me stupid etc that i expect union to negotiate higher payment when we are in the middle of dispute with employer. He said nothing can be done about this and we will deliver it for 3p/item....:(((
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Pay for Election leaflets
Apparently, according to recent LTBs and missives - the CWU are nationally looking at including this in any talks.
Just when I leave Deliveries /

Just when I leave Deliveries /
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
3p per card here - very low, DELIVERED not prepped, as per national agreement.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Pay for Election leaflets
3p per card here, to prep and deliver.
Which means that it is compulsory overtime.
You can cut off of course, but you'll soon lose your duty, if you have one.
Which means that it is compulsory overtime.
You can cut off of course, but you'll soon lose your duty, if you have one.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
It's about 15 years since these rates were set and they were based on pre-existing payment agreements from 10 years before that so it's doubtful your rep was involved in negotiating anything.smartecosse wrote:So our rep has negotiated the lowest amount possible.......way to go!
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Pay for Election leaflets
That ship sailed a long time ago.hans solo wrote:should be aiming for 6p guys get your reps in to fight it
6p or as an office disagree and non delivery until top amount paid
You can't go to disagreement on something you've already agreed.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Pay for Election leaflets
Election payments are going up by a "massive" 5% over all offices so it equates to
ready for it £0.002 so our rate goes from £0.06 to £0.062
I wonder how much Royal Mail have increased their bil over the last 15 years?
I have a table of all payments but do not know how to show here
ready for it £0.002 so our rate goes from £0.06 to £0.062
I wonder how much Royal Mail have increased their bil over the last 15 years?
I have a table of all payments but do not know how to show here