ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I can't face going in

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

It's going to be overloaded with parcels letters d2d election leaflets it's mad and a sarky bullying lino or dom
barcajr
Posts: 168
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by barcajr »

If you can't face the fact that it get busy in the run up to Xmas maybe you should consider looking for another job
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

barcajr wrote:If you can't face the fact that it get busy in the run up to Xmas maybe you should consider looking for another job
nothing to do with Xmas it goes on most of the year but thanks anyway
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

I can't face going in

Post by FirstPost »

Work your hours
Kesknight
Posts: 98
Joined: 11 Aug 2016, 22:00
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Kesknight »

I've been a postman for 32 years and i've managed to do the job. Just do your hours, nobody can say anything to you.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

Kesknight wrote:I've been a postman for 32 years and i've managed to do the job. Just do your hours, nobody can say anything to you.
Thanks I know nothing can happen but it makes me ill
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

FirstPost wrote:Work your hours
Thanks
ruorbe
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 17:28
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by ruorbe »

Dindin wrote:It's going to be overloaded with parcels letters d2d election leaflets it's mad and a sarky bullying lino or dom
If you are experiencing bullying and harassment in the workplace, please contact the CWU harassment helpline on FREEPHONE 0800 090 2303.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Saying work to your hours doesnt help at all so it's annoying to see it constantly said. It's obvious but some people cant deal with the bullying or sly comments. I'd say speak to the rep. Mention you're stressed and very anxious.
I'd even say you feel like taking leave cause of the stress theyll change their tune. It's a shame that wanting to work to your hours is met with bullying, coldness and rude comments in most work places. Goodluck bud.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Dindin »

Rapidryan88 wrote:Saying work to your hours doesnt help at all so it's annoying to see it constantly said. It's obvious but some people cant deal with the bullying or sly comments. I'd say speak to the rep. Mention you're stressed and very anxious.
I'd even say you feel like taking leave cause of the stress theyll change their tune. It's a shame that wanting to work to your hours is met with bullying, coldness and rude comments in most work places. Goodluck bud.
Thanks mate
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by eastie »

Dindin wrote:It's going to be overloaded with parcels letters d2d election leaflets it's mad and a sarky bullying lino or dom
2.15pm finish mate , bring the rest back
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by eastie »

Rapidryan88 wrote:Saying work to your hours doesnt help at all so it's annoying to see it constantly said. It's obvious but some people cant deal with the bullying or sly comments. I'd say speak to the rep. Mention you're stressed and very anxious.
I'd even say you feel like taking leave cause of the stress theyll change their tune. It's a shame that wanting to work to your hours is met with bullying, coldness and rude comments in most work places. Goodluck bud.
use ear defenders
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Gasman11 »

Rapidryan88 wrote:Saying work to your hours doesnt help at all so it's annoying to see it constantly said. It's obvious but some people cant deal with the bullying or sly comments. I'd say speak to the rep. Mention you're stressed and very anxious.
I'd even say you feel like taking leave cause of the stress theyll change their tune. It's a shame that wanting to work to your hours is met with bullying, coldness and rude comments in most work places. Goodluck bud.
He/she has to speak to someone though, the worst thing you can do is bottle your emotions up and try and carry on as normal. Maybe seek out someone more experienced in his/her unit who they feel that they can approach for guidance if there's a hesitancy to speak to the DOM. Good luck Dindin, share your concerns and im sure you'll get the support you deserve.
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

I can't face going in

Post by norris9 »

I can't face going in cos I'm cream crackered. Walking 10 miles a day is a madness. Imagine you are dead and looking back on your life, you will think why the fakk did I walk 10 miles everyday delivering junk mail until death/retirement.
Phunter
Posts: 23
Joined: 28 Feb 2019, 06:50
Gender: Male

I can't face going in

Post by Phunter »

norris9 wrote:I can't face going in cos I'm cream crackered. Walking 10 miles a day is a madness. Imagine you are dead and looking back on your life, you will think why the fakk did I walk 10 miles everyday delivering junk mail until death/retirement.
Some walks on my office are like 8 loops plus packets in Christmas, we work in pairs and we don't have room in the van. we have to go back to the office 2 times in Christmas.