ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

3 day weeks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lillypops
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 Dec 2017, 06:00
Gender: Male

3 day weeks

Post by Lillypops »

I've been told that after christmas they are looking into changing the 3 day weeks to shorter days but more 4 day weeks as it's costing to much
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

3 day weeks

Post by scoobydo79 »

Who told You that?
Lillypops
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 Dec 2017, 06:00
Gender: Male

3 day weeks

Post by Lillypops »

Manager & local union rep, they said there will be office revisions in new yr
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

3 day weeks

Post by norris9 »

Lillypops wrote:I've been told that after christmas they are looking into changing the 3 day weeks to shorter days but more 4 day weeks as it's costing to much
I don't know much about these 3 or 4 day weeks...

So there are currently Posties working 3 and 4 day weeks? what hours are they doing weekly?
Lillypops
Posts: 15
Joined: 15 Dec 2017, 06:00
Gender: Male

3 day weeks

Post by Lillypops »

Coming in prep walks as normal, but will start at 9 walk to be ready when we come in and on street for 9.30
1on4
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 34
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 20:30
Gender: Female

3 day weeks

Post by 1on4 »

norris9 wrote:
Lillypops wrote:I've been told that after christmas they are looking into changing the 3 day weeks to shorter days but more 4 day weeks as it's costing to much
I don't know much about these 3 or 4 day weeks...

So there are currently Posties working 3 and 4 day weeks? what hours are they doing weekly?
24. My husband does Thu, Fri and Sat.
banner
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:38

3 day weeks

Post by banner »

I have heard this rumour as well. I'm not sure how they would cover the shortfall in sorting if they were to have later starts and 4 day weeks and many offices use the 3 day week to give the 1 in 4 saturdays to everyone.