ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Apply for walk

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Walk13
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 17:19
Gender: Female

Apply for walk

Post by Walk13 »

I started over a year ago and a walk has just gone up on the board that I want to go for. I have to apply in writing but what should I put in the letter?
Southern_Postie
Posts: 23
Joined: 12 Oct 2017, 16:46
Gender: Male

Apply for walk

Post by Southern_Postie »

'Dear Manager,i would like to apply for walk 13,yours sincerely,(insert name)'.
Bboingg
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
Gender: Male

Apply for walk

Post by Bboingg »

And date your letter as there will be a time limit for applications.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Apply for walk

Post by crimson king »

And then try and forget about it. If you get it then it'll be a nice surprise and bonus for you, but with only a year of service you need to apply with the knowledge that it's highly probable that someone who's been there longer and accrued more seniority will get it.

I'm not trying to be negative, I hope you understand, just trying to save you the disappointment I went through the first few times I applied for full time duties.

Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that. Hope you get it :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Celtic warrior
Posts: 101
Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 16:23
Gender: Male

Apply for walk

Post by Celtic warrior »

Always apply for vacant duties even though you think you won't get it.
I have seen numerous times guys not applying for them because they thought this guy and that guy with good seniority were applying and didn't bother'

The old cry around the office later was "How could he get that duty" lol
Erm... because he applied and no one else did
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Apply for walk

Post by maisymoo04 »

It should say on the vacancy how you apply ? :arrrghhh
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Apply for walk

Post by maisymoo04 »

sorry walk 13 I didn't read the post properly :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :nervous :nervous
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
readingpete
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male

Apply for walk

Post by readingpete »

Celtic warrior wrote:Always apply for vacant duties even though you think you won't get it.
I have seen numerous times guys not applying for them because they thought this guy and that guy with good seniority were applying and didn't bother'

The old cry around the office later was "How could he get that duty" lol
Erm... because he applied and no one else did
This