ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wally week

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Wally week

Post by Rapidryan88 »

Hi I'm new to wally weeks. In January the 4th week I have holiday booked. The week after would I have another week off as it's the 5th week OR will I have to work another week to make up for having the 4th off with holiday?

Thank you
DICKIEG
Posts: 158
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
Gender: Male

Wally week

Post by DICKIEG »

You have every 6th week off regardless of whether you have had a week's holiday. You will find that you will have used 6 days of your holiday allowance to cover your week's holiday.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Wally week

Post by Rapidryan88 »

DICKIEG wrote:You have every 6th week off regardless of whether you have had a week's holiday. You will find that you will have used 6 days of your holiday allowance to cover your week's holiday.
I'm not on a work 5 week get 6th off. I work 4 get 5th week off but ok cheers
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Wally week

Post by grchpo »

Explain how that works, you accrue 4 days over the 4 weeks but you have 6 days off on your Rota week, doesn't add up or am I missing something ??
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Wally week

Post by daveyeff »

we used to work 3 weeks on and a week off every 4th week. it was fantastic. but the bastards put the block on it after a couple of years cos they didn't like it. to hard to resource and cover hols.....so they said.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Wally week

Post by Rapidryan88 »

grchpo wrote:Explain how that works, you accrue 4 days over the 4 weeks but you have 6 days off on your Rota week, doesn't add up or am I missing something ??
I'm just going on what I'm being told cause it's a part time wally I think not savvy on all of it just happy I got one
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Wally week

Post by ted_e_bear »

Wonder if he only works 4 days a week ?
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Wally week

Post by Rapidryan88 »

ted_e_bear wrote:Wonder if he only works 4 days a week ?
Nah I'm part time work 5 days. Found out today I will get 2 weeks off.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Wally week

Post by Dindin »

grchpo wrote:Explain how that works, you accrue 4 days over the 4 weeks but you have 6 days off on your Rota week, doesn't add up or am I missing something ??
Longer hours