ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Van cleaning
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Van cleaning
Anyone else have problems being able to wash your van? We used to be able to put it on the fuel card at the local garage to be done by the hand car wash guys,not anymore the new fuel card won’t allow it,so we have the debate with boss to resolve it etc,what a drawn out affair that is,still no joy,so the van can stay filthy ,yet more example of being proud of the corporate image being eroded,I’d be happy to take the van home as and when to clean it,but that won’t be sanctioned,and yes I know why should I have to or want to in my own time?we have a 20 minute journey to fuel up as it is,which of course is built into your duty time!
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Van cleaning
same problem here as well, the quote from the manager was "they have the same problem in another office when I find out how he fixes it then I will do it" on the card it used to show you what it was capable of getting, oil, fuel, wash, etc. We got new cards not long ago, it came with a letter that said it could be used for cleaning as well, but no symbols on the card, so took it to the garage and they said it wouldn't work, we didn't know if it was there system or us, we have a brush and a bucket and no resolution in sight, however I do usually email the just say it email, it does seem to get results lol I think they are sick of me, so might do that if he doesn't get it sorted
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Van cleaning
wow a brush and a bucket we have to use the sponge on a ice scraper to keep lights an mirrors clean 
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Van cleaning
We have a jet wash at our office. The Van's don't get too see it though but posties cars do 
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Van cleaning
They should dip into the pockets & employ a couple of people to wash/clean the vans, some of the vans at my DO are in desperate need of a deep clean.. luckily I don't have to use them otherwise I'd have said something by now about the state of them.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Van cleaning
non of ours have been done in the last two years
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Van cleaning
No facilities in-house or at nearby garages to clean outside of the vans. If there was there wouldn't be time to do it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Duesouth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 17:25
- Gender: Male
Van cleaning
Just another cost cutting exercise, just to save the pennies. Some managers ask us to take a break in the van, which is an absolute joke.