ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
election material
-
gunners70
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 18:58
- Gender: Male
election material
So busy last week ,just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come , was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff ,great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing . 
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
election material
gunners70 wrote:So busy last week ,just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come , was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff ,great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing .
Not this nonsense AGAIN!! For god sake we go through this every time. You CAN book overtime if the daily traffic forecast is above model week OR you would have gone over even if you didn’t have election material
-
Ali831
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 16:03
- Gender: Female
election material
I have never had to do election material before, is there a different proceedure to follow as no-one has said anything to us newbies?
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
election material
im guessing the party leaflets wont come until the partys have their manifestos confirmed which for most will be at the end of this week, so im guessing party leaflets will start next week. but i could be wrong.gunners70 wrote:So busy last week ,just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come , was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff ,great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing .
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
election material
Yep let’s get busy! Start at your start time and see what you can get get done before you simply run out of time,rocket science it ain’t! Enjoy
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
election material
So I picked a good time to have 2 weeks off?
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
election material
I'm off this week also and the poll cards came in yesterday and they gave us 3 days to do them. My walk going to be carnage this Christmas. Wife goes back too work after being on maternity. I finish work at 2.30 ish each day and she starts work at 4pm. So that's me not going over 1 second from now onTinoblade wrote:So I picked a good time to have 2 weeks off?
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
election material
Good. I told originally the DOM I would complete my delivery over Christmas pressure. Then when the election was called I told him I will work 'till 16:00 when it's gets dark and will cut off, had enough of this job don't care anymore, sod the meagre tips I get too. I have never cut off at Christmas in 10 years but this year is going to be mega and I ain't staying out till 18:00 or whatever, sod 'em!CPTNemoUK wrote:I'm off this week also and the poll cards came in yesterday and they gave us 3 days to do them. My walk going to be carnage this Christmas. Wife goes back too work after being on maternity. I finish work at 2.30 ish each day and she starts work at 4pm. So that's me not going over 1 second from now onTinoblade wrote:So I picked a good time to have 2 weeks off?I'm already leaving packets in daily
-
chappersyork
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 02 Oct 2015, 17:55
- Gender: Male
election material
Yes! Make sure you count any election material you deliver and make sure you get paid for it.Ali831 wrote:I have never had to do election material before, is there a different proceedure to follow as no-one has said anything to us newbies?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
election material
You are meant to return to the office once it gets dark which will be about 1600 once we get really busy later this month.Dingo99 wrote:Good. I told originally the DOM I would complete my delivery over Christmas pressure. Then when the election was called I told him I will work 'till 16:00 when it's gets dark and will cut off, had enough of this job don't care anymore, sod the meagre tips I get too. I have never cut off at Christmas in 10 years but this year is going to be mega and I ain't staying out till 18:00 or whatever, sod 'em!CPTNemoUK wrote:I'm off this week also and the poll cards came in yesterday and they gave us 3 days to do them. My walk going to be carnage this Christmas. Wife goes back too work after being on maternity. I finish work at 2.30 ish each day and she starts work at 4pm. So that's me not going over 1 second from now onTinoblade wrote:So I picked a good time to have 2 weeks off?I'm already leaving packets in daily
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
election material
OK just say you are not doing OT and you haven't time to do election stuff.gunners70 wrote:So busy last week ,just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come , was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff ,great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing .
-
ruorbe
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 17:28
- Gender: Male
election material
6.2p per item including the elections material would be around the £320 mark and that will cover any O/T for going over.master blaster wrote:OK just say you are not doing OT and you haven't time to do election stuff.gunners70 wrote:So busy last week, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come, was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff, great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing .