ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rota Dramas

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kingofdonair
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Sep 2015, 23:26
Gender: Male

Rota Dramas

Post by kingofdonair »

2 questions really.
1. How far ahead should our rota run? We get 2 weeks at best.
2. I only do 2 x 8hr days on a float duty but I rarely cover the duties I'm supposed to and end up working a lot of Saturdays and any other day except Tuesday.
Can I ask to only work the days I'm supposed to cover? i.e. Thursday Friday this week Friday Saturday next week?
I'm looking at working with a company that does outdoor activities next year and I think I should be able to work out my availability now.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Rota Dramas

Post by leolion855 »

Does it use the word flexibility in your contract anywhere?
kingdazzler
Posts: 41
Joined: 18 Mar 2019, 13:29
Gender: Male

Rota Dramas

Post by kingdazzler »

You're lucky. Our rota for next week won't be up until Friday.