ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

cutting off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by Dindin »

What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by chickenwittle »

Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
Say exactly the same to him when you plonk your cut offs on his desk when you get back from your delivery.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by robbertwhitton »

chickenwittle wrote:
Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
Say exactly the same to him when you plonk your cut offs on his desk when you get back from your delivery.
Brilliant! Of course you can’t bring stuff back so I am told you shouldn’t take it out in the first place under this archaic system,our boss can’t grasp this concept under the you finished early one day so you can work for free today??this is a sorry state of how deliverihave become,and would be even worse if we did it correctly and by the book,safely securely and correct system takes far too long,
work
Posts: 231
Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by work »

Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
...don't be defeatist...just cut-off and get it in writing, like a certificate for non-defeatist workers...you WINNER you! :dance
awesomepenguin
Posts: 122
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by awesomepenguin »

You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by robbertwhitton »

awesomepenguin wrote:You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.
What fun that is,having a conversation with the boss on the phone as he tells you times that you’ve finished previously and have the trial by pda debarkle,sick of how this policy is interpreted from office to office,and what some managers think they can pressure and ridicule you into getting stuff done
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

cutting off

Post by k979aaa »

Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
One don't listen to the parasites that live off yours and my backs tell them to earn their bonus with their own work efforts ie planning jobs that can be achieved not envisioned in their greedy minds for their own ends!
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by Marshamp11 »

OPG: I may have to cut off.
DOM: Don't be so negative.
OPG: OK. I'm positive that I am
cutting off.
work
Posts: 231
Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by work »

Marshamp11 wrote:OPG: I may have to cut off.
DOM: Don't be so negative.
OPG: OK. I'm positive that I am
cutting off.
:thumbup NICE!
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by robbertwhitton »

Marshamp11 wrote:OPG: I may have to cut off.
DOM: Don't be so negative.
OPG: OK. I'm positive that I am
cutting off.
Brilliant!,
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by redneck »

When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.

Typical example, after finding lino eventually

' I am not going to be able complete today'

'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'

'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'

'I'll have to count the items on the frame'

'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'

Later

'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'

'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'

'You can complete this duty'

'Give me a time'

'You can complete'

'Give me a time to phone you'

'12.30 (grumpily)'

This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes

After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.
awesomepenguin
Posts: 122
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by awesomepenguin »

robbertwhitton wrote:
awesomepenguin wrote:You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.
What fun that is,having a conversation with the boss on the phone as he tells you times that you’ve finished previously and have the trial by pda debarkle,sick of how this policy is interpreted from office to office,and what some managers think they can pressure and ridicule you into getting stuff done
Regardless of what any policy says you have a legalally binding contract of employment - you work to your finish time if you want to. Simple as that. If the manager disagrees ask him to put that in writing - see how quickly they back down.
work
Posts: 231
Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by work »

awesomepenguin wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:
awesomepenguin wrote:You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.
What fun that is,having a conversation with the boss on the phone as he tells you times that you’ve finished previously and have the trial by pda debarkle,sick of how this policy is interpreted from office to office,and what some managers think they can pressure and ridicule you into getting stuff done
Regardless of what any policy says you have a legalally binding contract of employment - you work to your finish time if you want to. Simple as that. If the manager disagrees ask him to put that in writing - see how quickly they back down.
...it must be recorded, in writing and you are entitled to a copy...hence certification of your heroic stance and their bullying mindset. Any precedent for how many in a week?
work
Posts: 231
Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

cutting off

Post by work »

robbertwhitton wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:
Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
Say exactly the same to him when you plonk your cut offs on his desk when you get back from your delivery.
Brilliant! Of course you can’t bring stuff back so I am told you shouldn’t take it out in the first place under this archaic system,our boss can’t grasp this concept under the you finished early one day so you can work for free today??this is a sorry state of how deliverihave become,and would be even worse if we did it correctly and by the book,safely securely and correct system takes far too long,
but then, hey, okay, then...should it not be plonked straight back on their bonus/walk fail log...with the line..."don't be defeatist"...as it really is theirs to manage; not ours.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

cutting off

Post by k979aaa »

redneck wrote:When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.

Typical example, after finding lino eventually

' I am not going to be able complete today'

'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'

'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'

'I'll have to count the items on the frame'

'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'

Later

'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'

'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'

'You can complete this duty'

'Give me a time'

'You can complete'

'Give me a time to phone you'

'12.30 (grumpily)'

This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes

After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.
In a word they are bull Shiting you they tried it with me in the end got took off the duty and don't for one second think it is you it is the targets all this traffic figures is bullshit they don't even know them or how to get them so the elusive managers will need a better excuse next time!