ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

election material

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gunners70
Posts: 19
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 18:58
Gender: Male

election material

Post by gunners70 »

So busy last week ,just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come , was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff ,great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing . :no no
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

election material

Post by number one »

gunners70 wrote:So busy last week ,just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come , was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff ,great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing . :no no

Not this nonsense AGAIN!! For god sake we go through this every time. You CAN book overtime if the daily traffic forecast is above model week OR you would have gone over even if you didn’t have election material
Ali831
Posts: 268
Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 16:03
Gender: Female

election material

Post by Ali831 »

I have never had to do election material before, is there a different proceedure to follow as no-one has said anything to us newbies?
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

election material

Post by miles_peters »

gunners70 wrote:So busy last week ,just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come , was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff ,great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing . :no no
im guessing the party leaflets wont come until the partys have their manifestos confirmed which for most will be at the end of this week, so im guessing party leaflets will start next week. but i could be wrong.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

election material

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yep let’s get busy! Start at your start time and see what you can get get done before you simply run out of time,rocket science it ain’t! Enjoy
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

election material

Post by Tinoblade »

So I picked a good time to have 2 weeks off?
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

election material

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Tinoblade wrote:So I picked a good time to have 2 weeks off?
I'm off this week also and the poll cards came in yesterday and they gave us 3 days to do them. My walk going to be carnage this Christmas. Wife goes back too work after being on maternity. I finish work at 2.30 ish each day and she starts work at 4pm. So that's me not going over 1 second from now on :left: I'm already leaving packets in daily
Dingo99
Posts: 122
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
Gender: Male

election material

Post by Dingo99 »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:So I picked a good time to have 2 weeks off?
I'm off this week also and the poll cards came in yesterday and they gave us 3 days to do them. My walk going to be carnage this Christmas. Wife goes back too work after being on maternity. I finish work at 2.30 ish each day and she starts work at 4pm. So that's me not going over 1 second from now on :left: I'm already leaving packets in daily
Good. I told originally the DOM I would complete my delivery over Christmas pressure. Then when the election was called I told him I will work 'till 16:00 when it's gets dark and will cut off, had enough of this job don't care anymore, sod the meagre tips I get too. I have never cut off at Christmas in 10 years but this year is going to be mega and I ain't staying out till 18:00 or whatever, sod 'em!
chappersyork
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Oct 2015, 17:55
Gender: Male

election material

Post by chappersyork »

Ali831 wrote:I have never had to do election material before, is there a different proceedure to follow as no-one has said anything to us newbies?
Yes! Make sure you count any election material you deliver and make sure you get paid for it.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

election material

Post by Celgar »

Dingo99 wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:So I picked a good time to have 2 weeks off?
I'm off this week also and the poll cards came in yesterday and they gave us 3 days to do them. My walk going to be carnage this Christmas. Wife goes back too work after being on maternity. I finish work at 2.30 ish each day and she starts work at 4pm. So that's me not going over 1 second from now on :left: I'm already leaving packets in daily
Good. I told originally the DOM I would complete my delivery over Christmas pressure. Then when the election was called I told him I will work 'till 16:00 when it's gets dark and will cut off, had enough of this job don't care anymore, sod the meagre tips I get too. I have never cut off at Christmas in 10 years but this year is going to be mega and I ain't staying out till 18:00 or whatever, sod 'em!
You are meant to return to the office once it gets dark which will be about 1600 once we get really busy later this month.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

election material

Post by masterblaster »

gunners70 wrote:So busy last week ,just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come , was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff ,great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing . :no no
OK just say you are not doing OT and you haven't time to do election stuff.
ruorbe
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 17:28
Gender: Male

election material

Post by ruorbe »

master blaster wrote:
gunners70 wrote:So busy last week, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse polling cards tomorrow and I guess the party leaflets to come, was told yesterday we cant book overtime if you are doing election stuff, great timing so they are going to get start of Christmas pressure done for nothing . :no no
OK just say you are not doing OT and you haven't time to do election stuff.
6.2p per item including the elections material would be around the £320 mark and that will cover any O/T for going over.