ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rescinding a Review when issued
-
dazzer6
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 27 Feb 2015, 17:18
- Gender: Male
Rescinding a Review when issued
I got a review 2 because injuries sustained in a car crash [off for 3 weeks, the only sick involved], when I was in a taxi travelling to work [ about 100 yards from office]. The other driver admitted full liability and Royal mail have had the money repaid for the time I was off as part of the settlement. I have an ongoing medical condition with my foot [postie 32 yrs], and will be on a review 3 when I get back to work because the review 2 has not been rescinded. Have I no right to appeal that review 2 ? Until i am up for my job for a review 3? Seems totally unfair
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Rescinding a Review when issued
You can only appeal a review 3.dazzer6 wrote:I got a review 2 because injuries sustained in a car crash [off for 3 weeks, the only sick involved], when I was in a taxi travelling to work [ about 100 yards from office]. The other driver admitted full liability and Royal mail have had the money repaid for the time I was off as part of the settlement. I have an ongoing medical condition with my foot [postie 32 yrs], and will be on a review 3 when I get back to work because the review 2 has not been rescinded. Have I no right to appeal that review 2 ? Until i am up for my job for a review 3? Seems totally unfair
Going off what you've written the appeals manager will take it into consideration. Make sure you take in your Area rep and they will probably quash you back down to review 2, also as you've a long term condition it might be covered under the Equality Act, again your Area Rep should bring this up.
Good Luck.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rescinding a Review when issued
am not 100% sure on this, but if they've been repaid for your absence then I don't think the stage should've been issued.
-
dazzer6
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 27 Feb 2015, 17:18
- Gender: Male
Rescinding a Review when issued
Hi Dave the trouble is they issued the review 2 before there was a final settlement .daveyeff wrote:am not 100% sure on this, but if they've been repaid for your absence then I don't think the stage should've been issued.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rescinding a Review when issued
well if it does progress to a 3, which they can sack you on, then this should be taken into account. in fact if you were injured 'on your way' to work it shouldn't have been issued anyway. any rep worth his salt should've sailed you through that one. on the up side, if you have only 1 absence of 4 days or less in the next 6 months or from the issue date then you will revert to zero (no stages).dazzer6 wrote:Hi Dave the trouble is they issued the review 2 before there was a final settlement .daveyeff wrote:am not 100% sure on this, but if they've been repaid for your absence then I don't think the stage should've been issued.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Rescinding a Review when issued
just read that properly, so you are absent again while serving a stage 2. you need to go in with either an area or preferably a div rep for the 3. I am certain it will be quashed. good luck.
-
dazzer6
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 27 Feb 2015, 17:18
- Gender: Male
Rescinding a Review when issued
Thanks Dave. It should be squashed but it is worrying.daveyeff wrote:just read that properly, so you are absent again while serving a stage 2. you need to go in with either an area or preferably a div rep for the 3. I am certain it will be quashed. good luck.
Regards Darryl