ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
cutting off
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
cutting off
What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
cutting off
Say exactly the same to him when you plonk your cut offs on his desk when you get back from your delivery.Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
cutting off
Brilliant! Of course you can’t bring stuff back so I am told you shouldn’t take it out in the first place under this archaic system,our boss can’t grasp this concept under the you finished early one day so you can work for free today??this is a sorry state of how deliverihave become,and would be even worse if we did it correctly and by the book,safely securely and correct system takes far too long,chickenwittle wrote:Say exactly the same to him when you plonk your cut offs on his desk when you get back from your delivery.Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
-
work
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
cutting off
...don't be defeatist...just cut-off and get it in writing, like a certificate for non-defeatist workers...you WINNER you!Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
cutting off
You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
cutting off
What fun that is,having a conversation with the boss on the phone as he tells you times that you’ve finished previously and have the trial by pda debarkle,sick of how this policy is interpreted from office to office,and what some managers think they can pressure and ridicule you into getting stuff doneawesomepenguin wrote:You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
cutting off
One don't listen to the parasites that live off yours and my backs tell them to earn their bonus with their own work efforts ie planning jobs that can be achieved not envisioned in their greedy minds for their own ends!Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
cutting off
OPG: I may have to cut off.
DOM: Don't be so negative.
OPG: OK. I'm positive that I am
cutting off.
DOM: Don't be so negative.
OPG: OK. I'm positive that I am
cutting off.
-
work
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
cutting off
Marshamp11 wrote:OPG: I may have to cut off.
DOM: Don't be so negative.
OPG: OK. I'm positive that I am
cutting off.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
cutting off
Brilliant!,Marshamp11 wrote:OPG: I may have to cut off.
DOM: Don't be so negative.
OPG: OK. I'm positive that I am
cutting off.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
cutting off
When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.
Typical example, after finding lino eventually
' I am not going to be able complete today'
'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'
'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'
'I'll have to count the items on the frame'
'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'
Later
'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'
'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'
'You can complete this duty'
'Give me a time'
'You can complete'
'Give me a time to phone you'
'12.30 (grumpily)'
This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes
After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.
Typical example, after finding lino eventually
' I am not going to be able complete today'
'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'
'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'
'I'll have to count the items on the frame'
'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'
Later
'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'
'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'
'You can complete this duty'
'Give me a time'
'You can complete'
'Give me a time to phone you'
'12.30 (grumpily)'
This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes
After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
cutting off
Regardless of what any policy says you have a legalally binding contract of employment - you work to your finish time if you want to. Simple as that. If the manager disagrees ask him to put that in writing - see how quickly they back down.robbertwhitton wrote:What fun that is,having a conversation with the boss on the phone as he tells you times that you’ve finished previously and have the trial by pda debarkle,sick of how this policy is interpreted from office to office,and what some managers think they can pressure and ridicule you into getting stuff doneawesomepenguin wrote:You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.
-
work
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
cutting off
...it must be recorded, in writing and you are entitled to a copy...hence certification of your heroic stance and their bullying mindset. Any precedent for how many in a week?awesomepenguin wrote:Regardless of what any policy says you have a legalally binding contract of employment - you work to your finish time if you want to. Simple as that. If the manager disagrees ask him to put that in writing - see how quickly they back down.robbertwhitton wrote:What fun that is,having a conversation with the boss on the phone as he tells you times that you’ve finished previously and have the trial by pda debarkle,sick of how this policy is interpreted from office to office,and what some managers think they can pressure and ridicule you into getting stuff doneawesomepenguin wrote:You can bring it back so long as you contact a manager prior to returning to the office with the mail.
-
work
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
- Gender: Male
cutting off
but then, hey, okay, then...should it not be plonked straight back on their bonus/walk fail log...with the line..."don't be defeatist"...as it really is theirs to manage; not ours.robbertwhitton wrote:Brilliant! Of course you can’t bring stuff back so I am told you shouldn’t take it out in the first place under this archaic system,our boss can’t grasp this concept under the you finished early one day so you can work for free today??this is a sorry state of how deliverihave become,and would be even worse if we did it correctly and by the book,safely securely and correct system takes far too long,chickenwittle wrote:Say exactly the same to him when you plonk your cut offs on his desk when you get back from your delivery.Dindin wrote:What can be done about intimidating remarks like the Dom saying don't be defeatest? Is this response ok?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
cutting off
In a word they are bull Shiting you they tried it with me in the end got took off the duty and don't for one second think it is you it is the targets all this traffic figures is bullshit they don't even know them or how to get them so the elusive managers will need a better excuse next time!redneck wrote:When the frame is complete and ready to be bagged up that is when you should have the 'conversation' with the screws.
Typical example, after finding lino eventually
' I am not going to be able complete today'
'But we only have 46000 items across the office today, it's quiet'
'I am not going to be able to complete today by the finish time, I know my duty, what can you do to help me?'
'I'll have to count the items on the frame'
'Fine, I'll have to leave or bring back more'
Later
'Mmm, I've counted the attendance calls on your duty and you can complete'
'I don't agree, what time shall I phone up to let you know if I can complete or not? (still 100% sure it won't all be delivered, but it has to all be taken out as per procedure)'
'You can complete this duty'
'Give me a time'
'You can complete'
'Give me a time to phone you'
'12.30 (grumpily)'
This is a shortened version, you can go around in circles repeating all these points ad nauseam sometimes
After a few episodes of this they often arrange for some of your delivery to be taken by someone else before you leave or they stream parcels. The whole process is farcical and based on their blind faith in their ability to push you around at busier times so the office is cleared. Newer staff are easy meat and sometimes don't even claim 'docket' they are entitled to when they inevitably overrun, they are actively discouraged. We have sunk to new lows in management/worker engagement.