ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

6 months probation

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
smartecosse
Posts: 131
Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
Gender: Male

6 months probation

Post by smartecosse »

Started on a permanent part time contract that said there was a 6 month probation period.

This ended last month and I had assumed I'd get a letter from HR confirming the end of that.

Not has anything so called and was told they don't do anything. Apparently my manager can extend the period of he wants but there is no official confirmation it has ended.

Is that correct?

Thanks
gimba
Posts: 192
Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
Gender: Male

6 months probation

Post by gimba »

Did you get your pay increase?
I've hit 7 months and never got told about probation ending, but my pay did increase
smartecosse
Posts: 131
Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
Gender: Male

6 months probation

Post by smartecosse »

No idea....
Guess I should check the payslips....

Thanks
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

6 months probation

Post by Smith1212 »

Yeah I was the same nothing in writing then I got my new contract of 35 hour contract when offered that from my 32/5 hour so that’s only reason I new my probation was over 1 year 8 months in the job now !! Your be fine I’m sure
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

6 months probation

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I've been in the job 6 years. Still not heard if I have passed the probationary period or not :left:
macetheace
Posts: 58
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 21:51
Gender: Male

6 months probation

Post by macetheace »

32 yrs and I'm still waiting :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

6 months probation

Post by Trail »

macetheace wrote:32 yrs and I'm still waiting :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Post of the week right there ^^^^