According to the union "rm have now secured an additional 2 parcel hubs in addition to Warrington, essential to their parcel strategy"
Anyone know where these are located?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New parcel hubs location?
-
Thailand1
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 14 Jul 2019, 06:38
- Gender: Male
New parcel hubs location?
I am hearing one will in midlands and one north of London.
-
swoosta
- Posts: 166
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 00:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
New parcel hubs location?
They are looking at one near the Buncefield site I Hemel or one near Radlet
-
celtic1967
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
- Gender: Male
New parcel hubs location?
Some huge warehousing under construction immediately off J11A of the M1 at Luton.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
New parcel hubs location?
I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
-
dam52
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 10:33
- Gender: Male
New parcel hubs location?
Probably close to the very south of the M1 for logistical reasons .Deadly wrote:I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
New parcel hubs location?
It's going to be within 1/4 mile of NDCdam52 wrote:Probably close to the very south of the M1 for logistical reasons .Deadly wrote:I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
-
TheStrangler
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
- Gender: Male
New parcel hubs location?
Think that's for a massive Aldi/Lidl warehouse.celtic1967 wrote:Some huge warehousing under construction immediately off J11A of the M1 at Luton.
-
TheStrangler
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
- Gender: Male
New parcel hubs location?
That'd be about 3 miles from prdc, would have to be significantly bigger to justify them moving such a short distance.SpacePhoenix wrote:It's going to be within 1/4 mile of NDCdam52 wrote:Probably close to the very south of the M1 for logistical reasons .Deadly wrote:I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
Makes sense logistically though or perhaps further up the M1.
-
TheStrangler
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
- Gender: Male
New parcel hubs location?
Interesting, Radlett was rumoured several years ago as the southern hub.swoosta wrote:They are looking at one near the Buncefield site I Hemel or one near Radlet
Isn't the Midlands hub going to be in Atherstone?
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
New parcel hubs location?
Its near the Junction of the A14 / M1 / M6 Interchange , Daventry ( Drift )TheStrangler wrote:That'd be about 3 miles from prdc, would have to be significantly bigger to justify them moving such a short distance.SpacePhoenix wrote:It's going to be within 1/4 mile of NDCdam52 wrote:Probably close to the very south of the M1 for logistical reasons .Deadly wrote:I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
Makes sense logistically though or perhaps further up the M1.