ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
christiani
Posts: 33
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by christiani »

I'm starting to think RM have never cleaned any of their vans... ever :funneh

Image

Image
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by glenfiddich »

ooo I see you got a good one :whistle
christiani
Posts: 33
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by christiani »

glenfiddich wrote:ooo I see you got a good one :whistle
:chuckle
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

I paid £15 to get mine cleaned by one of the hand car wash places back in June,gleaming it was.I paid out of my own money as i do well in Xmas tips.
Your late today
Posts: 57
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by Your late today »

Bahia Feliz wrote:I paid £15 to get mine cleaned by one of the hand car wash places back in June,gleaming it was.I paid out of my own money as i do well in Xmas tips.
Why?? If you’re on a rural the first farm and it’s back in the same state just use the facility at your do.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by Jpro747 »

Some of them are f**king disgusting. If this was a good company to work for, managers would force people to clean them when they get back early. And conduct those who constantly leave rubbish in there.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by twoloops »

Why don’t we send these type of pictures to the Courier?
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by wallop »

Do a rural for a couple of days and your van will look like that,Dust gets in everywhere when its dry all over the dash and the dials,really fine stuff i wipe it off with a wet cloth and its back before you know it,When its wet you pick up so much muck on your shoes it goes everywhere inside the footwell plus all the gravel that sticks to the muck,Clear it out and its back the next day until things dry out.At the moment its absolutely filthy where i deliver unmade roads with more craters than the moon.
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

Some of us can barely do the the delivery in the time, never mind cleaning the ####### van out. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Mr Rush
Posts: 3347
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by Mr Rush »

glenfiddich wrote:ooo I see you got a good one :whistle
Just because you can't see the rotting black banana covered in mold under the seat doesn't mean it isn't there.

Anyway, since the vans are part of the workplace it makes me wonder why it doesn't come under Romec's auspices. Keeping the van free of litter is obviously the occupants' responsibility, but the above photos show mud and dust that if they occurred on the DO floor would be cleaned by our cleaning staff.
The machine stops.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Every since I've worked for Royal Mail I've wondered why they don't concern themselves more about their "Corporate Image"? They seem to make all the right noises in certain areas ... Like having a Royal Mail Choir :shock: And getting so-called celebrities in to shake hands with Postman Pat for certain charities. :left: But something as basic as keeping their Fleet Clean is beyond them. :arrrghhh

Some of the Old & Bold will probably remember getting paid for doing vehicle checks and cleaning their vans? I believe it was another penny-pinching "Saving" made by RM in the past. :no no

We've been told we can't use a Hosepipe, or Pressure Washer, in the yard because of the need to get relevant licences for waste water etc :crazy: We were told by RM we can't use the BP garages for refuelling (and they had a car wash you could put on the card). I've since been told some of the Fuel Cards have had that facilty removed, probably more savings. :crazy: The other local garage, that had a car wash, has been refurbished (with a supermarket) and removed it. :arrrghhh I even asked the Relief DOM if it was OK to take my Van home to give it a "Spring Clean"? He said, "No it's off your route and it would be flagged up causing (Me) problems"! :arrrghhh

So now I'm just going to leave it as long as possible and see if the DOM mentions that it's looking more like a Farm Vehicle than a Royal Mail Van. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by robbertwhitton »

Had a reserve one of these the other month,I refused to drive it under health grounds,full of coffee cups crisp packets etc and bottles of piss! I kid you not,as usual some boss somewhere not being accountable and not doing his job in managing van checks etc I guess they are happy to live in squalor at home?its simply isn’t acceptable and we shouldn’t put up with it,name and shame them
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by robbertwhitton »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Every since I've worked for Royal Mail I've wondered why they don't concern themselves more about their "Corporate Image"? They seem to make all the right noises in certain areas ... Like having a Royal Mail Choir :shock: And getting so-called celebrities in to shake hands with Postman Pat for certain charities. :left: But something as basic as keeping their Fleet Clean is beyond them. :arrrghhh

Some of the Old & Bold will probably remember getting paid for doing vehicle checks and cleaning their vans? I believe it was another penny-pinching "Saving" made by RM in the past. :no no

We've been told we can't use a Hosepipe, or Pressure Washer, in the yard because of the need to get relevant licences for waste water etc :crazy: We were told by RM we can't use the BP garages for refuelling (and they had a car wash you could put on the card). I've since been told some of the Fuel Cards have had that facilty removed, probably more savings. :crazy: The other local garage, that had a car wash, has been refurbished (with a supermarket) and removed it. :arrrghhh I even asked the Relief DOM if it was OK to take my Van home to give it a "Spring Clean"? He said, "No it's off your route and it would be flagged up causing (Me) problems"! :arrrghhh
Yep as usual you couldn’t make it up,so we now leave them to become embarrassingly filthy,with bumpers and trims hanging off off under the weight of mud!I dispair vat this company

So now I'm just going to leave it as long as possible and see if the DOM mentions that it's looking more like a Farm Vehicle than a Royal Mail Van. :cuppa
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by maisymoo04 »

I hoovered mine the other day ,took it the car wash , used the fuel card for a wash and got a rag out the office and went over me dash etc , I did feel good doing it I must say . funny thing is I don't even clean me own car :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Has RM ever hired a car valet?

Post by crimson king »

Hire a valet?

We'd need a specialist team in head to toe hazmat suits to clean most of our fleet!

I used a van the other week that had green algae stuff growing on the back doors. Revolting.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.