ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New parcel hubs location?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheStrangler
Posts: 218
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by TheStrangler »

According to the union "rm have now secured an additional 2 parcel hubs in addition to Warrington, essential to their parcel strategy"
Anyone know where these are located?
Thailand1
Posts: 66
Joined: 14 Jul 2019, 06:38
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by Thailand1 »

I am hearing one will in midlands and one north of London.
swoosta
Posts: 166
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 00:19
Gender: Male
Location: London

New parcel hubs location?

Post by swoosta »

They are looking at one near the Buncefield site I Hemel or one near Radlet
celtic1967
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 137
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by celtic1967 »

Some huge warehousing under construction immediately off J11A of the M1 at Luton.
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by Deadly »

I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
dam52
Posts: 23
Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 10:33
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by dam52 »

Deadly wrote:I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
Probably close to the very south of the M1 for logistical reasons .
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

dam52 wrote:
Deadly wrote:I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
Probably close to the very south of the M1 for logistical reasons .
It's going to be within 1/4 mile of NDC
TheStrangler
Posts: 218
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by TheStrangler »

celtic1967 wrote:Some huge warehousing under construction immediately off J11A of the M1 at Luton.
Think that's for a massive Aldi/Lidl warehouse.
TheStrangler
Posts: 218
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by TheStrangler »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
dam52 wrote:
Deadly wrote:I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
Probably close to the very south of the M1 for logistical reasons .
It's going to be within 1/4 mile of NDC
That'd be about 3 miles from prdc, would have to be significantly bigger to justify them moving such a short distance.
Makes sense logistically though or perhaps further up the M1.
TheStrangler
Posts: 218
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by TheStrangler »

swoosta wrote:They are looking at one near the Buncefield site I Hemel or one near Radlet
Interesting, Radlett was rumoured several years ago as the southern hub.
Isn't the Midlands hub going to be in Atherstone?
wallan
Posts: 498
Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
Gender: Male

New parcel hubs location?

Post by wallan »

TheStrangler wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
dam52 wrote:
Deadly wrote:I've heard that the midlands site has been chosen, any ideas where this is? I'm just interested to see how they are located in relation to each other.
Probably close to the very south of the M1 for logistical reasons .
It's going to be within 1/4 mile of NDC
That'd be about 3 miles from prdc, would have to be significantly bigger to justify them moving such a short distance.
Makes sense logistically though or perhaps further up the M1.
Its near the Junction of the A14 / M1 / M6 Interchange , Daventry ( Drift )