ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Vauxhall Combos
-
Jeppol
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 15:20
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
Does anybody know if and when Royal Mail are getting rid of the Combos. I'm a big fella, 6 foot and 17 stone + & it's an effort getting out of them 80+ times a day with their low seats.I'm starting to have knee problems which will only get worse whilst I'm using this van. I had a Transit Connect previously which was a million times better with it's high seats.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
I have exactly the same problems being tall , they are so low to get in and out of if you're on a rural getting in and out like you said, 80plus times. Have you got any Peugeot partners at your office, maybe you could swop if you ask and explain the knee pain you're getting. Itd be better for the manager than you going off with damaged knees.Jeppol wrote:Does anybody know if and when Royal Mail are getting rid of the Combos. I'm a big fella, 6 foot and 17 stone + & it's an effort getting out of them 80+ times a day with their low seats.I'm starting to have knee problems which will only get worse whilst I'm using this van. I had a Transit Connect previously which was a million times better with it's high seats.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
I'm under 6ft love my combo,got good poke on it for getting out in traffic etc,It's done over 100k miles and best of all the 'trimble' box is broken (not that I speed or anything anyway)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
Best guess is that the leases on them might be expiring and RM might have got a different model and/or make on lease at a cheaper rate
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day tooleolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
I'd rather have to sit around getting paid while the Doblo needs PDF regenerating than literally climbing up and out of the combositinerant wrote:This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day tooleolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.
knackering myself up......
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
The Doblos are terrible for getting in and out of as well.yellowbelly wrote:I'd rather have to sit around getting paid while the Doblo needs PDF regenerating than literally climbing up and out of the combositinerant wrote:This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day tooleolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.
knackering myself up......
-
Cluaran
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 03 Aug 2019, 23:23
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
Doblos have the turning circle of a Bus!!!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
I feel your pain JeppolJeppol wrote:Does anybody know if and when Royal Mail are getting rid of the Combos. I'm a big fella, 6 foot and 17 stone + & it's an effort getting out of them 80+ times a day with their low seats.I'm starting to have knee problems which will only get worse whilst I'm using this van. I had a Transit Connect previously which was a million times better with it's high seats.
Another Tall guy has been given a transit Van because he was having the same problem. I'd get the Area H&S Rep on board and push for a different van. You only get one back ... and it's got to last you for life ... Sod what RM say.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
bo72
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 21 Feb 2012, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
A manager told me about this time last year they would all be gone by April this year.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
Ha Ha "They'll all be gone by Christmas" Yeah but Which Christmas?bo72 wrote:A manager told me about this time last year they would all be gone by April this year.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Vauxhall Combos
I have a expert if anyone wants to swapJeppol wrote:Does anybody know if and when Royal Mail are getting rid of the Combos. I'm a big fella, 6 foot and 17 stone + & it's an effort getting out of them 80+ times a day with their low seats.I'm starting to have knee problems which will only get worse whilst I'm using this van. I had a Transit Connect previously which was a million times better with it's high seats.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
I'm a short arse (5"8) and I love the combos. All in our fleet are years older than the Fiats, Vauxhalls or Peugeots and run far better. They shift too if you put your boot down.