Every since I've worked for Royal Mail I've wondered why they don't concern themselves more about their
"Corporate Image"? They seem to make all the right noises in certain areas ... Like having a Royal Mail Choir

And getting so-called celebrities in to shake hands with
Postman Pat for certain charities.

But something as basic as keeping their Fleet Clean is beyond them.
Some of the Old & Bold will probably remember getting paid for doing vehicle checks and cleaning their vans? I believe it was another penny-pinching
"Saving" made by RM in the past.
We've been told we can't use a Hosepipe, or Pressure Washer, in the yard because of the need to get relevant licences for waste water etc

We were told by RM we can't use the BP garages for refuelling (and they had a car wash you could put on the card). I've since been told some of the Fuel Cards have had that facilty removed, probably more savings.

The other local garage, that had a car wash, has been refurbished (with a supermarket) and removed it.

I even asked the Relief DOM if it was OK to take my Van home to give it a
"Spring Clean"? He said,
"No it's off your route and it would be flagged up causing (Me) problems"!
So now I'm just going to leave it as long as possible and see if the DOM mentions that it's looking more like a Farm Vehicle than a Royal Mail Van.
