ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick Pay Question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TonySteele
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 17:49
Gender: Male

Sick Pay Question

Post by TonySteele »

Hi guys,

Hopefully a quick simple one.

Can anyone confirm our sick pay entitlement?

I had a sick day last week, and was told I had used my allocation for the year and that it would be unpaid.

I asked how many paid sick days you’re allowed and my manager had no idea. Just said the system said I had used them up, which is weird as it’s only my third by my record this year. I thought it was something like four sick incidents and 10 individual days in a calendar year, but I fear I have that knowledge based on hearsay.

Thanks!
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Sick Pay Question

Post by Smith1212 »

You should get sick pay ! 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay !!
Attendance procedure is 14 days or 4 absense before a stage one is issued so I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be paid.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Sick Pay Question

Post by 97gaz »

/
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 00:04, edited 2 times in total.
TonySteele
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 17:49
Gender: Male

Sick Pay Question

Post by TonySteele »

Okay.

Thanks for your help guys.

What’s our years sick pay?

Just want to be armed with facts when I go in.
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Sick Pay Question

Post by picture123 »

It depends on your sick over the last few years to be honest. If you acrue a certain length of time over a 3/4 year period it drops to zero. I don't know the exact amount. It will automatically happen on psp though, it's not something the managers input.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Sick Pay Question

Post by 97gaz »

[