ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fell over raised kerb below gate
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
I fell over and have re injured my back today !! No accident book at depot rang manager as they had all gone and he said we’re do accident on delivery on Monday I’m no way gonna be in work for next 2-3 weeks my back is seized right up just 2 hours after finished,I feel stupid falling over but the kerb is slightly raised and didn’t realise what do I do now regards to the incident
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Hope you are ok,but just hope you are not in my old office as they would want you back on Monday and then tell you it was your own fault and made sure that you had finished your delivery and your absorbing.
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Wouldn’t say it’s My own fault i fell over a raised kerb under a gate So tweaked my back which I’d only not long got over
Last edited by Smith1212 on 26 Oct 2019, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Hope you had your state-of-the-art slip-resistant padded memory foam-lined anti-fatigue snug fitting flexible cushioned shock-absorbing Royal mail boots/shoes on? 
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Yes I had the Royal Mail correct foot wear on
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Aye its s**t. But think about how many steps we take a day, a month even a year. The odd step we're gunna get wrongSmith1212 wrote:My own fault i fell over a raised kerb under a gate So tweaked my back which I’d only not long got over
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Yeah agree but I’m worried what will happen now as I’ll have to go off with my bad back
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Right so you say you were in an accident at work or whilst doing your job. Do you have your union reps number if so phone him/her if not the manager will need to submit an ERICA report within 48 hours he could visit you at home if you wish or you could phone him or her after that you need to get a doctors/fit note for any absence of 7 days or more other than that I wish you a speedy recovery.
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Not even a bad accident I fell over a raised kerb under a gate I’m lost and worried I’ve reported to my manager and I’m gonna be off work for awhile I’ve told my manager about it he said we’re sort a accident report when return Monday but no way will I be in work for week or 2 so I’m worried now but I can’t help it please help
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Not even a bad accident I fell over a raised kerb under a gate I’m lost and worried I’ve reported to my manager and I’m gonna be off work for awhile I’ve told my manager about it he said we’re sort a accident report when return Monday but no way will I be in work for week or 2 so I’m worried now but I can’t help it please help
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Get the union on it
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Just ring on Monday morning when your duty time starts (or before).Say you're not fit for work due to the trip which has injured your back.If you think you will be off longer than a week,tell them you will be getting a sick note from the doctors.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
I could be wrong if so somebody will correct me. But if it's a accident at work it doesn't go on your sick record? So take gas much time off has you need to get better and don't stress yourself out.
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
I’ve got to sort my back out so I’ll take the time I need thanks for all the reply’s this forum is so helpfulCPTNemoUK wrote:I could be wrong if so somebody will correct me. But if it's a accident at work it doesn't go on your sick record? So take gas much time off has you need to get better and don't stress yourself out.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Fell over raised kerb below gate
Well worth speaking to your union rep. Hope it's not too late to offer some advice, but if your manager is a b******d (odds are they are) they will try and get you to say you were flicking through mail, looking at your PDA etc to try and make out it was your fault. Don't fall (excuse the pun) for it. This is so they can say the accident was YOUR fault. That will get them out of a whole load of crap, especially if the hazard has previously been reported and not risk assessed. Good luck with the recovery.Smith1212 wrote:I’ve got to sort my back out so I’ll take the time I need thanks for all the reply’s this forum is so helpfulCPTNemoUK wrote:I could be wrong if so somebody will correct me. But if it's a accident at work it doesn't go on your sick record? So take gas much time off has you need to get better and don't stress yourself out.