ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
EdRush
Posts: 123
Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
Gender: Male

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Post by EdRush »

Everyday I work more than my contracted 'part time' hours, because basically if I dont, the post doesn't get delivered.

Yet if I go on holiday, I get penalised as I'm only paid my part time hours. This works out to a loss of earnings of £50-70 per week

I called HR to submit a grievance about my reduced pay check, but the automated voice says this is now raised at national level, so I can't submit a grievance

Does anyone know more info, and what I should do about my loss of earnings
streets97
Posts: 92
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
Gender: Male

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Post by streets97 »

Write a letter to your manager, stating you want to submit a grievance against RM for your average overtime for the past 12 weeks, as you were not paid this whilst on annual leave. Your manager should write you a reply stating that it is above him and needs to go to national level, this happened to me and I got a written reply from my manager within 2 hours. Then you need to email your area CWU rep with your full name, place of work and dates of annual leave. Your rep will then sort everything out. It used to take about 3 months but now it has gone to some judgement which is due to take place sometime in January. All I will tell you is don't despair and submit this, the more that do it the better.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Post by yellowbelly »

EdRush wrote:Everyday I work more than my contracted 'part time' hours, because basically if I dont, the post doesn't get delivered.

Yet if I go on holiday, I get penalised as I'm only paid my part time hours. This works out to a loss of earnings of £50-70 per week

I called HR to submit a grievance about my reduced pay check, but the automated voice says this is now raised at national level, so I can't submit a grievance

Does anyone know more info, and what I should do about my loss of earnings
Have you read through this board, loads of info of what to do: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... m.php?f=67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Post by rogersh »

yellowbelly wrote:
EdRush wrote:Everyday I work more than my contracted 'part time' hours, because basically if I dont, the post doesn't get delivered.

Yet if I go on holiday, I get penalised as I'm only paid my part time hours. This works out to a loss of earnings of £50-70 per week

I called HR to submit a grievance about my reduced pay check, but the automated voice says this is now raised at national level, so I can't submit a grievance

Does anyone know more info, and what I should do about my loss of earnings
Have you read through this board, loads of info of what to do: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... m.php?f=67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From the link given by yellowbelly;

by TrueBlueTerrier » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:58 pm

LTB 575/19 - Average Pay on Leave (Holiday Pay Claims) Against Royal Mail Group Limited

LTB 575/19

4th October 2019



Dear Colleague,

Average Pay on Leave (Holiday Pay Claims) Against Royal Mail Group Limited

The purpose of this LTB is to update Branches on recent developments that have occurred in relation to the above.

Further to LTB 519/19, circulated to Branches on 28th August 2019, it was brought to the attention of the DGS(P) Department that a “Case Management Order” had been introduced by the President of Employment Tribunals which will transfer all existing and new cases to the Tribunal Centre in Bristol. Currently this Order only applies to cases in England and Wales.

A copy of the Case Management Order is attached but Branches will wish to note that all Employment Tribunal claims for average holiday pay on leave in Royal Mail Group will be “stayed until 1 January 2020, in the light of the ongoing national discussions with a view to reaching an agreement in respect of these claims” and that “A preliminary hearing for the purposes of case management shall be listed at Bristol as soon as possible after 1 January 2020”. This in effect means that unless a National Agreement is reached by the end of this year, a collective employment tribunal will take place in early 2020 where the Union’s claim for average pay on annual leave will be heard. This is a major achievement for the Union and its members.

On 26th September 2019, following an approach from Weightmans solicitors, ACAS contacted the DGS(P) Department to advise that in light of the aforementioned order, as from 23rd September 2019 Royal Mail Group will no longer offer new settlements at the early conciliation stage. Whilst the business will conclude cases where an offer has already been tabled or a recalculation requested, all new cases will be issued a certificate number and progressed to the ET1 stage.

As Royal Mail Group failed to contact the Union to relay this change of policy, correspondence was sent to the business seeking clarification and a response was received on 29th September 2019. This confirmed their position (as above) but also requested that meeting dates be put forward for further collective negotiations on this issue. The DGS(P) Department is currently in the process of arranging a mutually convenient date for the next meeting.

It should be noted that the outstanding work completed by Branches during the past twelve months has ensured that the issue of average pay on leave has moved forward. During this time our members have collectively received hundreds of thousands of pounds in compensation. It is evident that the momentum Branches have created, along with the wider strategy, has resulted in the progression of this matter and we are now in the position we originally sought in terms of collective action.

Despite the Case Management Order and the stance taken by Royal Mail Group, it is still vitally important that Branches encourage the maximum number of members to continue to submit claims through ACAS. This will ensure we remain in the best position to achieve our goals and the current direction of travel now means this has become more likely.

The workload, from an early conciliation perspective, will now be less than before due to the position that has been taken by Royal Mail Group, and once registered all employment tribunal cases should now be forwarded to the Legal Services Department at CWU HQ.

In addition, we are now asking Branches to identify “test” cases that can be utilised and in particular those involving part-time grades that have formed the vast majority of cases thus far.

Finally I must reiterate that it is still the Union’s intention to get an acceptable collective agreement on this matter and your ongoing work will ensure that we achieve this.

Any enquiries in relation to the content of this LTB should be addressed to the DGS(P) Department.

Yours sincerely,



Terry Pullinger
Deputy General Secretary (Postal)

19LTB575 https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-xjdthut-jtfltzjh-i/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LTB 575.19 Attachment 1 Case Management Order https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-xjdthut-jtfltzjh-d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

View Online https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-xjdthut-jtfltzjh-h/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Post by postslippete »

Does this apply to the full-time brown noses who are always on the early IPS everyday???
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

postslippete wrote:Does this apply to the full-time brown noses who are always on the early IPS everyday???
Unfortunately I think it does mate. :thumbdown Ironically the Lazy Bastards that come in early and do bugger all will also get an average of those "Lazy Hours" :sad: Same goes for (normally the same people) when they work their days off (only because their Duties are so bloody short on the Delivery side) :arrrghhh Seems to be that even if the CWU get a WIN on this the Hard Working Posties that are "Genuinely" working overtime will be sharing the Rewards with the usual w*****s! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
EdRush
Posts: 123
Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
Gender: Male

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Post by EdRush »

Good. Is it only possible to back date from April 2019?

I am owed a couple of thousand over 3 years
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Post by redneck »

postslippete wrote:Does this apply to the full-time brown noses who are always on the early IPS everyday???
:chuckle obviously a spread of these devils across the UK
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Overtime Grievance now at national level?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

EdRush wrote:Good. Is it only possible to back date from April 2019?

I am owed a couple of thousand over 3 years
I believe they are trying to limit the time frame. In Ireland, where they've already pushed this through, I believe the Fire Service, and others, are claiming back up to 20 years owed pay! :shock: Imagine that, I'm sure they'd probably tell us we'd have to produce payslips (HR will have "Convieniently Lost" all your data) but I've probably got the last 5 years worth knocking about in the attic. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)