ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

1 weeks holiday this year

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lukeb32
Posts: 5
Joined: 25 Feb 2019, 17:55
Gender: Male

1 weeks holiday this year

Post by Lukeb32 »

Hi I joined RM in January and have had 2 weeks off in June since I started. I was supposed to be off last week but I moved offices and missed my annual leave. It is now October and I’ve been told I can’t get a week off until January. That will be 2 weeks January to January, what happens to the rest?
fed_up_postie
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: lost in space

1 weeks holiday this year

Post by fed_up_postie »

Lukeb32 wrote:Hi I joined RM in January and have had 2 weeks off in June since I started. I was supposed to be off last week but I moved offices and missed my annual leave. It is now October and I’ve been told I can’t get a week off until January. That will be 2 weeks January to January, what happens to the rest?
How did you miss your annual leave?? Did your new office refuse to give you the original week off due to staffing??
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

1 weeks holiday this year

Post by Sir Henry »

All leave slots already allocated then we are nto Xmas pressure. See rep your if you're not happy.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Lukeb32
Posts: 5
Joined: 25 Feb 2019, 17:55
Gender: Male

1 weeks holiday this year

Post by Lukeb32 »

fed_up_postie wrote:
Lukeb32 wrote:Hi I joined RM in January and have had 2 weeks off in June since I started. I was supposed to be off last week but I moved offices and missed my annual leave. It is now October and I’ve been told I can’t get a week off until January. That will be 2 weeks January to January, what happens to the rest?
How did you miss your annual leave?? Did your new office refuse to give you the original week off due to staffing??
Allocated by old DO months ago and I forgot to check exact date(my bad). New DOM Informed me today it was last week and he can’t give any holiday until January due to staffing. Surely this means I lose 2 weeks unless I somehow get 6 weeks next January to January but I doubt that.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

1 weeks holiday this year

Post by aiden01 »

Lukeb32 wrote:
fed_up_postie wrote:
Lukeb32 wrote:Hi I joined RM in January and have had 2 weeks off in June since I started. I was supposed to be off last week but I moved offices and missed my annual leave. It is now October and I’ve been told I can’t get a week off until January. That will be 2 weeks January to January, what happens to the rest?
How did you miss your annual leave?? Did your new office refuse to give you the original week off due to staffing??
Allocated by old DO months ago and I forgot to check exact date(my bad). New DOM Informed me today it was last week and he can’t give any holiday until January due to staffing. Surely this means I lose 2 weeks unless I somehow get 6 weeks next January to January but I doubt that.
Does leave not run from april to april also dont think you can just lose leave.
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

1 weeks holiday this year

Post by Route1 »

Leave year runs from April to April.
You started Jan so earned about 1/4 of your leave from April 18 - April 19 (effectively Jan - Apr)
April 19 - April 20 you'll earn your full leave (about 4 & 1/2 weeks?).

Upto April 20 u'll have roughly 5 & 1/2 weeks of which u have taken 2 weeks. So 3 & 1/2 weeks left.

You wont lose it if you dont use it but RM are trying to reduce the amount of leave carried forward to next year.


Other thing to note is leave is calculated in hours & not weeks & days but we're keeping it simple here.