ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
2 sickness absences in 6 months
-
Lawrencepa2014
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:03
- Gender: Male
2 sickness absences in 6 months
I’m on probation and I’ve had 2 1 day sickness absences in maybe a week under 6 months period (my probation has been extended by 3 months) I’m now really worried I’ll be put on stage 1. Is this something to worry about? I hear it’s pretty easy to get through probation but i feel like with the already extension and having possibly a stage 1 I’ve really put my foot in it. Will I likely survive this?
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
2 sickness absences in 6 months
You really need to stop worrying, they’ll only get rid of you for gross misconductLawrencepa2014 wrote:I’m on probation and I’ve had 2 1 day sickness absences in maybe a week under 6 months period (my probation has been extended by 3 months) I’m now really worried I’ll be put on stage 1. Is this something to worry about? I hear it’s pretty easy to get through probation but i feel like with the already extension and having possibly a stage 1 I’ve really put my foot in it. Will I likely survive this?
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
2 sickness absences in 6 months
This is about right. ^^^^ They'll bend the rules to keep you. No-one fails probation unless they're complete and absolute f**kheads.number one wrote:You really need to stop worrying, they’ll only get rid of you for gross misconductLawrencepa2014 wrote:I’m on probation and I’ve had 2 1 day sickness absences in maybe a week under 6 months period (my probation has been extended by 3 months) I’m now really worried I’ll be put on stage 1. Is this something to worry about? I hear it’s pretty easy to get through probation but i feel like with the already extension and having possibly a stage 1 I’ve really put my foot in it. Will I likely survive this?
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
2 sickness absences in 6 months
in which case they get fast tracked up the career ladder.unless they're complete and absolute f**kheads.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
2 sickness absences in 6 months
See abovenumber one wrote:You really need to stop worrying, they’ll only get rid of you for gross misconduct
We've employed ppl who are obviously not up to the job & they've had absences during probation. No-one wants to work with them but they are still employed cos they havent been thieving.
Its not easy to employee the right people and its cost a bit in time & £££.
Your job is safe
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
2 sickness absences in 6 months
Know quite a few who have had their probation extended for silly reasons. Seems to be a new thing with managers. Not sure what benefit they gain apart from unhappy staff. Must be a financial gain somewhere.
-
Dannybuca
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 02 Jul 2018, 06:18
- Gender: Male
2 sickness absences in 6 months
My probation was extended by three months and I hadn't had a single day off sick. I presumed it was normal...
Only after the end of those three months did I see a permanent (PT) contract.
Only after the end of those three months did I see a permanent (PT) contract.
-
compostcorner
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 31 May 2011, 15:14
- Gender: Male
2 sickness absences in 6 months
i expect every postman in the country has been on stage 1 at least once in their career