ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick leave contact

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rhino14
Posts: 9
Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 16:07
Gender: Male

Sick leave contact

Post by Rhino14 »

Hello there & forgive me if this is in the wrong area, I’m currently off sick & undergoing tests & scans for something sinister (C). I’ve been signed off & told my Dom about tests & scans in order to diagnose my issue & wether I had something sinister or not. My Dom has insisted on contacting me after every set of results & asks for a run down of what’s next. (Drs appts, Hospital, further tests & results) is this right? Surely telling him I’m signed off & handing the certificate in is enough. The worry over my diagnosis is stressful & upsetting enough without having to speak to my Dom with every set of results is becoming too much. He’s already made me aware that I will trigger a stage 3 (the stage 2 was triggered when I was off during the summer with what was the start of what is going on now) I returned to work back then but my symptoms returned (or never went). My Anxiety issues have obviously returned & the constant worry is being raised with having to map out my week with the Dom aswell.
Thanks in advance for any advice given & again I apologise if I’ve posted this in the wrong area.
Ciderboy1957
Posts: 221
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
Gender: Male

Sick leave contact

Post by Ciderboy1957 »

Worrying no doubt and you don't need to tell your dom of your confidential information between you and your doctor's etc, send doctor's certicate and a weekly phone is suffice and your under no obligation to attend a meeting at the office if you don't want to attend
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Sick leave contact

Post by LouBarlow »

Get your rep involved if you haven't already, as I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be in danger of a stage 3 if it is for the same ailment that earned you a stage 2. Get well any way and try not to worry about work. Typical lack of empathy from managers though im afraid.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Sick leave contact

Post by number one »

You will not trigger a stage 3 as cancer comes under the equality act and this gives you some unique rights
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Sick leave contact

Post by FirstPost »

Ciderboy1957 wrote:Worrying no doubt and you don't need to tell your dom of your confidential information between you and your doctor's etc, send doctor's certicate and a weekly phone is suffice and your under no obligation to attend a meeting at the office if you don't want to attend
is once weekly enough?
Rhino14
Posts: 9
Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 16:07
Gender: Male

Sick leave contact

Post by Rhino14 »

FirstPost wrote:
Ciderboy1957 wrote:Worrying no doubt and you don't need to tell your dom of your confidential information between you and your doctor's etc, send doctor's certicate and a weekly phone is suffice and your under no obligation to attend a meeting at the office if you don't want to attend
is once weekly enough?
I think twice a week so I can pass on test results & current symptoms is excessive. I even think once a week when there isn’t likely to be any immediate change is excessive, it’s borderline bullying me back to work by using manipulation.